Open pool sessions in Albuquerque?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings all ... I'll be spending some time in Albuquerque. I'm looking for any LSD or other organization that has periodic open pool sessions where I can just blow bubbles as I check out my camera and dive gear to see if it's all operational. I know the Blue Hole exists, but I'm not geared up for 64 degree water. Not interested in classes or an extended repeat schedule, just a la carte pool use.

Any tips???

Thanks in advance!

New Mexico Scuba Center is the SSI shop in town. 505-271-0633 They typically have a 3 hour Saturday afternoon class and a 2 hour T-Th night class at Sandia Pool, in the Sandia HS complex that you can tag around with for $5 (paid in advance at the shop) - which is 2 blocks from Sandia HS. Just stay out of the way of their students. You also need to sign a waiver, but after that you can do it all over the phone.

The other 2 shops (PADI) usually run one or two classes a month, typically 4 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. Deep Blue runs their classes at Rio Grand (a really nice pool) on the West side (a bit south of I40, and west of Coors) and The Scuba Company runs their weekend classes at Highland (San Mateo and Zuni) and their monthly Wednesday session at Sandia. They are both charge more than NMSC IIRC.

Thanks ... helpful post!

Back
Top Bottom