New Diver in Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orange RVA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone!

I’m a new diver who is finally trying to get back into diving. I got certified back in 2010 when I was in college but sadly I didn’t touch my gear after graduation.

I finally got back to blowing bubbles with a few pool sessions with my local dive shop to refresh my Open Water Diver skills. I’ve already purchased several items of new gear and I’m eager to plan some dive trips in the coming months.

I live in Richmond Virginia but I frequently travel across the east coast.

As of now I’m planning to dive the Florida Springs in early 2023 but I’m open to any suggestions and new connections I can make here. You can never have too many dive buddies!

-Tim

Welcome. Lots to dive on the North Carolina coast. Check websites of Olympus, Discovery, Instigator Charters, Coastal Scuba. There are others.

I’m newly certified this summer, and the inshore dives (60-70 swf to the sand) have been fun. Looking forward to getting my Deep cert to go offshore and a little deeper.

Hey welcome back to diving! I live in Alexandria and frequently dive at Lake Phoenix, about 3 hrs from me. Great place to practice skills and meet other VA divers.

IIRC, you are blessed by having several dive shops there in Richmond. Hopefully you can get hooked up with one or more then network with some of the others in Atlantic Coastal cities through them and get some good diving. From the Coastal Carolinas down to the three coasts of Florida, not to mention rivers, springs and quarries, there’s a plethora of opportunities open to you. I hope you’ll get to take advantage of a lot of them.
🐸

@orange VA, I’m going to wake this thread back up to see whether your still lurking and how you’re doing with you renewed interest in diving. Any progress to report?
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom