Opal Cohn Torelli - Cozumel 9/29/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are so sad to hear about Opal. Our time with Opal was brief, but filled with laughter and warmth. Opal took my 13-year-old son snorkeling while we dove one night, and I will never forget how wonderful that experience was for him, and what great care she showed him. We remember her well even after two and a half years, and only found out what happened after planning a trip for December less than two weeks ago. We wanted to hook up with Scubamau again, and perhaps we still can. Opal is surely frolicking with the angels now, and to all of Opal's family, friends, and employees of Scubamau; you are in our thoughts and prayers. She will be missed.

A few words in tribute to Opal Torelli. Opal had a zest for life and love of the sea that she openly shared with me,my friends and family. Because of her my life has been enriched and I feel so lucky to have had her in my life for a few short years. Her smile, her laughter, her smart remarks, her big brown eyes...TRULY UNFORGETABLE!!! Although she has left her earthy body, she lives on in my heart and my memories. She is now an angel of the sea. Look for her when you are diving...you will know her by that BIG SMILE!
opal.jpg

Opal went out of her way to make me feel welcome as a client. May she rest in peace.

A few words in tribute to Opal Torelli. Opal had a zest for life and love of the sea that she openly shared with me,my friends and family. Because of her my life has been enriched and I feel so lucky to have had her in my life for a few short years. Her smile, her laughter, her smart remarks, her big brown eyes...TRULY UNFORGETABLE!!! Although she has left her earthy body, she lives on in my heart and my memories. She is now an angel of the sea. Look for her when you are diving...you will know her by that BIG SMILE!
View attachment 104986

I hit unlike on this post by mistake... thought it was "like"... may bad.

I have already sent linda99 a PM with an apology.

I am very sad to read this news that I was fearing would happen. I only met Opal once, in August, and thought she was a warm, wonderful person. I had told her that I was planning on returning in January to Cozumel and would again dive with Scuba Mau. That hasn't changed.

My deepest condolences to a dear friend. My trips to Coz will never be the same!

We here at the Scuba Mau family would like to take a moment of your time to say thank you. During this time all I have seen is unconditional love and support towards our sister and her family! The donations and the true showing of the human spirit,compassion has been able to bring a smile to everyones face here and at home!
I want everyone to know that our sister is smiling down from above to all that has helped and supported Gabi her family and her dream here on this island!:)
Opal always believed that a dive shop wasnt about a name...It just wasnt about business...It was about being a family and taking care of those who come to visit you just like family....Opals family here on the island is going to stay right here and continue on Opals dream of bringing the family feeling into everyones vacation experience... Besides anyone that knows Opal would know that she would probably haunt us if anything was to happen to her dream!:)
The dive family that Opal has here cannot express in words our grattitude that we have towards all that have supported Opals dream and continue to support it to this day. Let us always remember that Gabi still needs our support while he reocvers from his injuries we can never forget the man that put his life on the line to give our sister a fighting chance!
From the bottom of all our hearts...MUCHAS GRACIAS See you when you get down here!!!
Sincerely, The Scuba Mau Cozumel family.

My prayer's with Opal's family and friends in Cozumel. I had occasion to meet Opal and Gabi at her shop several times. Opal was very warm and friendly. My condolences to everyone at Scuba Mau especially Gabi, Victor, Pablo, Orlando who I have dived with. I Hope to see this summer. Scuba Mau is small but top notch. If you dive Cozumel, go dive with them. They are located at Villa Blanca Hotel and will pick up anywhere. PS Good Luck with the Hurricane and hope it doesnt't do too much harm.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom