Only in the good old USA part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
You keep talking about cars being stopped and searched without cause, there was nothing about this in my post. If you know more about this sheriff then please post, let us all know.

I belive I did. If you want the info, discover it for yourself like I did. Prove me wrong and call me a lair, I dare you! :eyebrow:

pt40fathoms:
I like what he is doing with regards to the prisoners, and he is not violating any rights by doing so or he would have been shut down long ago. As for any other claims of what he is thinking of doing, or would do if he had the chance. I’ll reserve any comments on that subject until he is quoted as saying what you claim he is rumored to be considering.
I have no issues with what he is doing with his jail. I don't plan on visiting it from either side :wink: But, with extreme ideas come more extreme ideas, some that border on, shall we say criminal themselves, your hero lawman may one day find himself on the wrong side of his own creation.

Robert Phillips:
Prove me wrong and call me a lair, I dare you! :eyebrow:

Your wrong, and I'm right. Now prove me wrong.....I double dog dare you...no returns...your it!

HIJACK!!!

pt40fathoms:
Your wrong, and I'm right. Now prove me wrong.....I double dog dare you...no returns...your it!
WRONG!!!! I'm left, your right which makes you WRONG!!! :wink:

I searched quickly on the guy and found that surprisingly enough there were people in support and against him - this seems to be a fairly unbiased statement of facts about the guy (nothing in there about traffic stops) - Joe Arpaio, some interesting links at the bottom.

simbrooks:
I searched quickly on the guy and found that surprisingly enough there were people in support and against him - this seems to be a fairly unbiased statement of facts about the guy (nothing in there about traffic stops) - Joe Arpaio, some interesting links at the bottom.
Penn and Teller did a segment on him on their show Bulls+++ that talks more of his 'extreme' ideas. They liked his jail ideas on a comedy level...
Call Penn and Teller what you like, but anyone that is anti-PETA anti-hippie is okay in my book!

You could always just by the good Sheriff's book and read it from his perspective. He pulls no punches in how he feels 'criminals' should be dealt with and how he defines 'criminal.' You may be surprised to find that you fit Joe's idea of a criminal!

i tried to stay out of this one but i couldent. Your condeming the guy for what he wants to do. Note i Said wants. not does.
I want to kill alot of the morons walking around these days, i would love to have a gun and use it to cull the herd. And alot of the american herd needs to be culled and badly. This is what i want to do..... note the differance want...... not done.....

I am from tucson and while i dont like arizona cause there is no ocean i do love the fact that there is 1 person treating a criminal like a criminal. There is an old saying if you cant do the time dont do the crime. I guess that doesent apply to most nowdays because the criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizens. He wants to do more but the LAW......... prevents him from doing these searches and he follows the LAW...... even though he may want to do more. Now trying to pair him up with hitler who didnt care about law made up his own law and committed untold atrocities and evil upon the world shows me just how completely full of ..... well i guess because of the tos i cant make a personal attack upon you so i guess i wont.

So i guess since i want alot of the stupid people to die, even though i havent done anything by your eyes i am also in the same class as hitler. I believe that if you commit a crime and you are convicted you should lose all your rights, not get more. And if you get treated ultra poorly and abused as a prisoner..... if you survive and get released maybe you might think twice about commiting a crime again.

I also belive that swearing on a bible to tell the truth is a moronic thing in our society. I belive that if you are charged with a crime you should be put on a poly and given drugs that make you tell the truth and are asked questions pertaining only to the crime you are charged with.

OH and just like you, you cant pin me down on anything i have said here. You have to give me mutible replies and then the chance to come back and change my statement and say that you have taken me out of context

Edit and btw i remember when he also tried to start feeding the inmates roadkill but that one got shot down which was a bummer.

Originally Posted by cdiver2
You keep talking about cars being stopped and searched without cause, there was nothing about this in my post. If you know more about this sheriff then please post, let us all know.

Robert Phillips:
I belive I did. If you want the info, discover it for yourself like I did. Prove me wrong and call me a lair, I dare you! :eyebrow:

LIAR whats crawled up your behind :wink:

If you look at the title of my post it said question no insinuation that you were a liar or wrong just a request for information.

And I'm still a fan

Edit: Changed my mind - decided not to add to this thread.

For Cdiver2:

Go to www.azcentral.com and www.phoenixnewtimes.com and search for Arpaio.
The local conservative vs. liberal media viewpoints on Sheriff Arpaio.

mk57nato:
i tried to stay out of this one but i couldent. Your condeming the guy for what he wants to do. Note i Said wants. not does.
I want to kill alot of the morons walking around these days, i would love to have a gun and use it to cull the herd. And alot of the american herd needs to be culled and badly. This is what i want to do..... note the differance want...... not done.....
No, he actually tried to do it but was stopped.
mk57nato:
I am from tucson and while i dont like arizona cause there is no ocean i do love the fact that there is 1 person treating a criminal like a criminal. There is an old saying if you cant do the time dont do the crime. I guess that doesent apply to most nowdays because the criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizens. He wants to do more but the LAW......... prevents him from doing these searches and he follows the LAW...... even though he may want to do more. Now trying to pair him up with hitler who didnt care about law made up his own law and committed untold atrocities and evil upon the world shows me just how completely full of ..... well i guess because of the tos i cant make a personal attack upon you so i guess i wont.
I never paired him up with Hitler, buddy. I said it was like saying "What about all..."
That makes me full of it? Try reading comprehension instead of vailed personal attacks.
I grew up in Arizona too, that doesn't change my opinion on some one walking over the Bill of Rights.

mk57nato:
So i guess since i want alot of the stupid people to die, even though i havent done anything by your eyes i am also in the same class as hitler. I believe that if you commit a crime and you are convicted you should lose all your rights, not get more. And if you get treated ultra poorly and abused as a prisoner..... if you survive and get released maybe you might think twice about commiting a crime again.

I also belive that swearing on a bible to tell the truth is a moronic thing in our society. I belive that if you are charged with a crime you should be put on a poly and given drugs that make you tell the truth and are asked questions pertaining only to the crime you are charged with.

Again, I did not put anyone into the same class as Hitler. Reread the post, if you fail to get it, I'm sorry for that...
Your opinions on treatment of prisoners are just that, your opinions. I have no argument for them in this forum.

mk57nato:
OH and just like you, you cant pin me down on anything i have said here. You have to give me mutible replies and then the chance to come back and change my statement and say that you have taken me out of context
If you say so...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom