Manure and food waste digester fatality - Stockton, Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds likely hyperthermia caused his demise. Also it states he was not properly equipped and staffed to do such an extreme dive and it's pretty lame that the authorities refuse to investigate the accident. It's also odd that his fiancé should be trying to pull him up. I would have thought on a dive like this he would have a safety team at the surface working with him.

Reactions: OTF
Sounds likely hyperthermia caused his demise. Also it states he was not properly equipped and staffed to do such an extreme dive and it's pretty lame that the authorities refuse to investigate the accident. It's also odd that his fiancé should be trying to pull him up. I would have thought on a dive like this he would have a safety team at the surface working with him.

I agree with your points on the dive. As far as the authorities go, only the local sheriff has jurisdiction, and since there is no foul play involved, they are done.

As a commercial helmet is a pretty hefty thing, perhaps he removed it to try to become less negative?

At these temperatures you need the reverse of a hot water suit to maintain viable temperatures for human life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom