Online buying success

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A few days ago I started a thread about a disappointing online buying experience. Using their sizing charts, an online shop I purchased a wetsuit from refused to pay shipping for a return or an exchange. I used their sizing charts when I placed the order so I was confident the wetsuit would fit. I was also confident that I could exchange it without a problem. Wrong. So I returned it, asked for a refund and shopped elsewhere. I ended up ordering from LeisurePro and the suit arrived today. Perfect fit! And this time I checked their return policy. They will exchange til they get it right. They have earned my business!

Another happy customer with LP. Guess this helps me to make up my mind and shop there.

I have not used LP yet so I'll take everyone's word for it that they're a great store to buy from but I'd like to point out that Scuba Toys rocks too if you're looking for something that LP doesn't carry! Hell ST rocks so much they gave me a free subscription to Scuba Diving, lol.

When I look at what I have bought from LP over the years, a lot of it is small stuff that does not require fitting or maintenance. With rising gas prices, the shipping costs are looking a lot more reasonable. For me, a trip to the LDS runs about $6 in gas, if I can't combine errands. Never had a problem with what I bought from LP, how it was shipped or with customer service on returned items.

I just bought a Sealife SL-320 camera from my LDS who matched any and beat most online prices. I didnt have to pay for shipping or wait for the UPS guy and lose time off work.

My LDS rocks!!!!!!

A few days ago I started a thread about a disappointing online buying experience. Using their sizing charts, an online shop I purchased a wetsuit from refused to pay shipping for a return or an exchange. I used their sizing charts when I placed the order so I was confident the wetsuit would fit. I was also confident that I could exchange it without a problem. Wrong. So I returned it, asked for a refund and shopped elsewhere. I ended up ordering from LeisurePro and the suit arrived today. Perfect fit! And this time I checked their return policy. They will exchange til they get it right. They have earned my business!

So I'm guessing that after all was said and done, you probably paid about what you would have if you bought it at a local shop where it would have fit right the day you bought it, but it ended up taking a lot longer and with a lot more hassle.

If you keep saving money and time like that pretty soon you'll be able to afford to give up diving!

:D

Well RJP....actually the reason I bought at LP is that my LDS didn't have the wetsuit I needed. I bought everything else, including my SeaLife camera, masks, fins, booties, snorkels, BCDs, dive computers, knives, dive bags for all 4 members of my family at my LDS. I am all for supporting them. And most of the time they can match or beat LP or any other online merchant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom