Online authorized Suunto retailers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but they restrict it in the US because of the US distributor :shakehead:

But does this affect warranty claims if I dive in the US someday? I don't want to be left hanging because of some clause that I missed.

Just as a reference... but I'd still really appreciate some interpretation:

This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country in which you purchased
the Product, provided that Suunto has intended the Product for sale in that country. If,
however, you purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, Iceland,
Norway, Switzerland or Turkey, and Suunto originally intended the Product for sale in one
of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these countries.
The warranty service may be limited due to the possible country-specific elements in the
Products.
In countries outside the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey, subject
to your agreement to pay a service fee and compensation for the possible shipment costs
incurred by Suunto or a Suunto Authorized Service Centre, you can have warranty service
other than in the country in which you purchased the Product. Any spare parts will be
provided free of charge in this case.

But does this affect warranty claims if I dive in the US someday? I don't want to be left hanging because of some clause that I missed.

I guess every manufacturer handles this differently, but it seems that if you buy Suunto overseas, you have to send it back to an overseas vendor for warranty.

Suunto uses Aqualung in the US as it's distributor (for Suunto dive products).. from everything I've read, Aqualung won't warranty models made overseas. It's one of their ways of fighting internet sales of gear sold by foreign websites that ship to the US for cheaper than the "list price' they expect their dealers to sell it for. In the end, the consumer looses.

As the consumer, not much you can do, besides not buy Suunto dive products because of it.

There are several other computer manufacturers that won't give you customer support issues.

If you buy an Aqualung/Suunto product outside of the U.S., either as a resident there, a tourist there, or by mail order, there is no warranty coverage within the United States. If you buy Aqualung/Suunto at any price by mail-order from a seller in the U.S., or even in a shop at a price discounted below what is authorized by Aqualung (and if they know about it), there is no warranty inside the U.S.

Oddly, outside of the U.S., customers can freely buy Aqualung products online and at any discounted price a seller wants to charge. I assume it is because other countries do not permit price fixing and restraint of trade in the same way the U.S. does.

So, if you want a Suunto dive product with a warranty valid in the U.S. you must buy at retail and in-person from an authorized dealer within the U.S.

I do not know how warranty matters elsewhere in the world are handled for U.S. bought merchandise. My guess is that there is no problem. I will never buy an Aqualung/Suunto dive computer, so I will probably never find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom