One question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello i have a jvc gr-D350OU I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a housing for this camera or if u can get a bag for it?

Looks like there are some all purpose housings that should fit it, the Top Dawg for one. Don't know if there are any custom ones for it., maybe an Ikelite.

The TopDawg won't work, it's an electronic housing which requires your camcorder to have a LANC port to function. Only Sony and some Canon models provide one. So you need a housing with mechanical controls.

See if your camera is on digideep: www.digideep.com. They will show any available housings for it. Otherwise you might be able to have one custom fitted by Aquavideo or Equinox. Ikelite does make housings for some JVC models so it's possible they could fit one for yours also.

A cheaper solution would be the tube type housings like the Nemo 2000($189 on eBay) It's a seal and dive solution though meaning that you won't have access to any of the controls underwater. You can use the remote to stop/start the camera just before you dive which allows you to seal the housing in a clean, dry place pre-dive. Aquatix is another inexpensive option, they have some sort of electromechanical start/stop control that works with most cameras.

Links to all the housing mfr's are here.

The best "bag" is the Ewa-Marine. And it's only good to 30'. Below that the pressure becomes an issue, both for leakage and also it won't allow you to move some of the controls. I really wouldn't get a bag for diving, they're good for snorkeling and camera protection. If you're handy there's a long-running thread in the DIY forum about building your own housing using PVC tubing. I don't know of anything commercially available under about $400 except for the Nemo.

sjspeck:
The best "bag" is the Ewa-Marine. And it's only good to 30'. Below that the pressure becomes an issue, both for leakage and also it won't allow you to move some of the controls. I really wouldn't get a bag for diving, they're good for snorkeling and camera protection. If you're handy there's a long-running thread in the DIY forum about building your own housing using PVC tubing. I don't know of anything commercially available under about $400 except for the Nemo.

ok thanks ill try to find that thread i found it but its more money to buy all of the stuff to make it then it is to buy the nemo 2000

Back
Top Bottom