One of the few and not so proud... Bent in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I read that 85% of serious dive accidents happen the first day of a trip. I need to find that source.

Glad you're getting help...

My last trip to Cozumel, I went with a package at the Allegro and dove with ProDive. Their package was very reasonably priced and included FREE nitrox. I was quite surprised at how much of a difference it made in my N2 loading. On air, my Cozumel dive profiles usually have me working close to or in the yellow on my Oceanic TLBG (about 80% of maximum allowed N2 load). On EAN32, my dives were running between 1/2 and 2/3 in the green (in the 40% to 60% of maximum allowed N2 load range). In the future, I think I will be going with at least one tank per day of EAN.

Sorry the trip got off to a terrible start. Hope the recovery is quick and you can enjoy a little island land time.

On to Plan B: Relax & recover. Hope symptoms resolve quickly & you feel better soon. Need anything brought over to the hotel -- books, DVDs, cards, etc?

Sort and sweet as Internet reception is poor in my room.Went into the chamber at 11:30 Pm Sunday night. Did a table 6 ride for 4' 45" stayed the day at the clinic and did a table 9 modified for 2'30" today at 4:30 pm. Will see Dr. Piccolo at 9 am tomorrow, and he'll decide then if I'm back in the chamber or not.I'm ok but recommend that you skip getting bent especially at the start of your trip.

when you say 4'45" and 2'30", are you saying you were in the chamber for 4 minutes and 45 seconds, and 2 minutes and 30 seconds?

Never having had the bends, and based on my limited understanding, I am assuming you meant to say 4 hours and 45 minutes, and 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Anyway, glad you are feeling better

when you say 4'45" and 2'30", are you saying you were in the chamber for 4 minutes and 45 seconds, and 2 minutes and 30 seconds?

Never having had the bends, and based on my limited understanding, I am assuming you meant to say 4 hours and 45 minutes, and 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Anyway, glad you are feeling better

Seriously? Fresh outta the chamber and you ding him on his notations. :shakehead:

From wiki:

Representative diving tables

U.S. Navy Table 6 consists of compression to the depth of 60 feet (18 m) with the patient on oxygen. The diver is later decompressed to 30 feet (9.1 m) on oxygen, then slowly returned to surface pressure. This table typically takes 4 hours 45 minutes. It may be extended further. It is the most common treatment for type 2 decompression illness.

Best wishes in your recovery, Greg. I'll buy ya a beer at the next CHUM meeting in exchange for the story...

Greg, glad you're ok and feeling better. Don't be too up set, it could have been much worse.

I'm here in the hotel if you need any assistance. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom