One of the few and not so proud... Bent in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sort and sweet as Internet reception is poor in my room.Went into the chamber at 11:30 Pm Sunday night. Did a table 6 ride for 4' 45" stayed the day at the clinic and did a table 9 modified for 2'30" today at 4:30 pm. Will see Dr. Piccolo at 9 am tomorrow, and he'll decide then if I'm back in the chamber or not.I'm ok but recommend that you skip getting bent especially at the start of your trip.

Sorry to hear about this on the start of your trip, but glad to hear you are ok and recovering! Keep your head up. :)

Nothing to be ashamed about getting bent. The more you dive the higher the probability it will happen.
Sorry it ruined your trip.

Surprisingly enough, it's more common to get bent at the beginning of a trip.

Assuming the dive was reasonably executed, there is nothing to be ashamed of about being bent. All decompression algorithms are risk-mitigation, not risk nullification devices. Although it isn't common, people do get bent when diving within their no-deco limits, and executing proper ascents. I hope you share that information with us, when you are feeling better.

Greg - I am sooo sorry to hear this - but welcome to the club! Nothing to be ashamed about!

Sorry I can't come see you or help you - I am on a flight to TX tomorrow to be with my family - we had a very sudden and tragic death in our family yesterday.

Feel better and listen to PIccolo!!

what was the dive profile?

Greg,
I'm really sorry to hear this.. Especially at the start of your trip! I imagine doing chamber rides is never fun but I'll have to share your sentiments without the experience at this point..
Hopefully you will still be able to make the 4th of July sunset cruise..
You are in great hands with Dr. Piccolo and his nurses!
Get better soon!
David

Sad that it happened early in your trip. At least you're getting the proper treatment at a good facility. Hopefully you're feeling better. I'm curious about the dive profile as well (and how long from flying your dives were), but I'm sure your dive was reasonable and it was just a bit of bad luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom