One more Whites Fusion review :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim, I did a formal weight check in the Fusion with the Mk3 undergarment, and it took four pounds off, compared with my Mobby's with the 200g DC jumpsuit and 200g vest. That would be eight pounds lighter than my DC compressed neo suit, with better mobility, and just as warm. HOORAY!

Good. You can now be my official beta tester -- if you can dive one for a year and not prang it all up, I may be convinced (esp. for red sea and caves)

However, nothing is going to get me into X-shorts, so a better solution will have to be found. If pockets cannot be firmly attached to suit, I dont think it's going to work for me.

OK, here a basic question. I'm switching to this new suit from a full 7mm. What weight change should I expect?

<flips through logbook> Welllll... this last summer I did a speed run on the scooter wearing a 7mil semidry with a 5 mil core warmer...that was 18 lbs at Lake Tahoe.

A couple months ago I did the same dive, except with a Fusion, Mk1 + Mk2 undies. 24 lbs.

As an extra point of reference, when in a CF200 with roughly the same undies, 28 lbs.

All these dives were with a HP100 cylinder and a medium DSS backplate (4.7 lbs) in fresh water.

All the best, James

OK, here a basic question. I'm switching to this new suit from a full 7mm. What weight change should I expect?

Teamcasa,

I dive in the same conditions as you, and with my old setup, which was an excel polar tri-density (9-7-6 mil) I dove with 14lbs of weight with an HP100, and zeagle ranger.

With the Fusion I went up 4 lbs, and now dive with a total of 18 lbs on the same setup. With the Fusion I have been wearing just the MK2 with a think polypro top and bottom underneath.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

I hear that the Whites Fusion is better in mobility than a 3mm wetsuit..is this true?

If you would dive it with just the MK1 undergarment then that is true, but of course mobility gets more restricted with thicker undergarments, so it also depends on your choice of those.

You can compare the mobility of just the suit to a dive skin I'd say.

:dork2:
I'm 6' about 130...Can this suit fit me?

What do they cost???

Hippocampus,

I noticed you were wearing Raptor fins. What size are your boots and what size are the fins?

Mike,
My dear sweet husband looked into dry suits since I have been very cold on recent California dives where conditions were beautiful but our dives were shortened and a third dive not even considered. I am looking forward to being able to dive longer and more. As you know, visibility is the best in the winter in California, but the water is pretty cold. Thanks for the help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom