One more Whites Fusion review :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,
My dear sweet husband looked into dry suits since I have been very cold on recent California dives where conditions were beautiful but our dives were shortened and a third dive not even considered. I am looking forward to being able to dive longer and more. As you know, visibility is the best in the winter in California, but the water is pretty cold. Thanks for the help!

Your gonna love it!!!:14: I cant wait for you to dive it!!

Mike

Hippocampus,

I noticed you were wearing Raptor fins. What size are your boots and what size are the fins?

Actually those aren't Mares Raptor fins, they are Tusa SF-8 X-Pert Zoom in size M-ML, the Altera boots are size 7 and both fit together nicely.

I read your review how was the hood I just ordered a White's fusion Tech and am trying to choose a hood. Thank you Steve

The hood is nice, it is very comfortable because it is made out of different neoprene thickness.
I have never had it in anything colder than our 'cold' Florida springs, 72F, so I can't really tell how well it does in more temperate waters.

Compared to the Bare drysuit hood it has a comfort advantage but might not be as warm.
Those are the only two drysuit hoods I tried, hope that helps.

Edit: I saw your other thread, my hood is the zippered version.

thank you I called white's company and they said that they use the zippered hood in the cold Vancover BC area and they use the non zip in Greenland and ice diving WOW -- They were great fast and a big help GO WHITE'S they also helped out withh sizing for me. GREAT COMPANY

would love an update from all the buyers. Anyone had these for over a year and 100+ dives? I am not worried much about the skin but the inner bilam just looks like it wants to delaminate. Not sure i trust it.
I demoed this the other day and was SHOCKED. I have never had such flexibility and comfort in a dry suit before. In my pinnacle and DUI i can just barely reach the auto-dump valve. In this suit i was full geared up and had forgot to unbunge my tank. I was actually able to reach far enough behind my head to unhook myself. That was with enough undergarment to handle 48 degree temps. Just amazing.
I would like to hear from people who have had one a while.

Mine's almost two and a half years old, about 250 dives, about 40 or so cave dives. No problems with the laminate. I've had two pinhole leaks in the suit, one because of repeated landings on my knees on a metal mesh swim step on a dive boat in LA (don't blame the suit for that one!) and the other out of nowhere on my upper arm. The Lycra skin is looking a bit worn, but it's intact. I still love the mobility.

I went with the Lycra skin -- it was all that was available when I bought the suit. I haven't been unhappy with my choice, and in fact, every time I've contemplated getting a different skin, I've decided not to. The Lycra dries quickly and it's trivial to rinse the salt off the underlying bag, unlike with the Bullet skin. It has a small amount of reinforcement of the knee, but not much.

150+ PNW dives in all conditions over the last year and a half. Lycra sport skin. No holes in suit but a small tear/hole in the lycra for the last 75 dives or so that isn't getting any bigger. No idea how I caused it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom