One more Whites Fusion review :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know when you spring for the red suit :wink:, i'll take this one off your hands.

Dude, you are the same height/weight as me, what size did you order?

If there is going to be a red suit, it will be available as a skin to replace the current lycra one, so the majority of the suit will remain, sorry to disappoint you there :wink:

I ordered the 2XS/XS size, the smallest there is :)

Ok, so yesterday we went to Alexander Springs again to have some diving fun.

Here are some more pictures of the Fusion put to use.

2221619394_5efded91b8_b.jpg

On the first two dives I used the MK1 top together with polypro underwear, cotton jogging throusers and a fleece jacket and it was almost too hot with the hood and gloves on as well.

Aside from being warm it had a negative impact on the suit squeeze, which was horrible with all the layering bunched together over the waist, it felt like after someone punched you in the stomach...other parts were getting a baaad squeeze as well, so on the next dive I used just the MK1 top and the polypro throuser, it was not as warm as before logically but the horrible squeeze was gone :)

For warm water the MK1 set should be perfect, the john hasn't arrived yet but will be here soon I hope, I'll report on it after I put it to use.

My second take on durability, I again scuffed some rocks and I just inspected the suit and it's holding up fine, I expect to see some wear on the lycra soon from shoulder straps and the like though.

And, be careful with the sticky side of velcro, it really likes to stick to the suit and pull on the lycra...:no

2220825095_d0ac27677d_b.jpg

One more thing left to do now is to clean all the nasty sand out of the exhaust valve...

2221615998_6fcb86fe02_b.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next dive with this beauty :)

For those of you diving this suit, did your weight requirements drop compared to your prior shell suit (Same undies assumed)? Just wondering if the lycra outer shell reduced the air pockets and changed your weighting needs...

Aloha, Tim

<snip>Aside from being warm it had a negative impact on the suit squeeze, which was horrible with all the layering bunched together over the waist, it felt like after someone punched you in the stomach...other parts were getting a baaad squeeze as well, so on the next dive I used just the MK1 top and the polypro throuser, it was not as warm as before logically but the horrible squeeze was gone :)
<snip>
May I respectfully suggest, if you flatten your trim and fly with a bit of air in the suit this wouldn't happen...given your trim (as seen in the pictures) and the lack of air (again as seen) in your suit, you'd have this squeeze in any dry suit.

It's possible you need a couple more pounds of lead. <shrugs> Can't tell that without being there and watching you.

All the best, James

May I respectfully suggest, if you flatten your trim and fly with a bit of air in the suit this wouldn't happen...given your trim (as seen in the pictures) and the lack of air (again as seen) in your suit, you'd have this squeeze in any dry suit.

It's possible you need a couple more pounds of lead. <shrugs> Can't tell that without being there and watching you.

All the best, James

I added four pounds of lead to the trim pockets in my BC and it got me flatter, on my very first dive I used 14lbs, then I took some out to 10 with the added fleece and steel tank and then back up to 14 with less undergarments.

That was my first dive using this HP 120 steel tank, got to push that one a bit further up on my back as well.

Against the squeeze, I added more air but it either seemed to go in my legs or up my arms and not where it was needed, the undergarment was all bunched up on my stomach, so maybe it restricted the air there somehow as the squeeze was all gone later with the more even undergarments.

Right now I'm experimenting around with it, those are my first drysuit dives with my first drysuit, so suggestions are welcome :)

Tim, I did a formal weight check in the Fusion with the Mk3 undergarment, and it took four pounds off, compared with my Mobby's with the 200g DC jumpsuit and 200g vest. That would be eight pounds lighter than my DC compressed neo suit, with better mobility, and just as warm. HOORAY!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom