One more split fin theory put to rest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget about split fins. Did you ever see a fish with split fins?? Try the new Mor-Fins! Better than split or paddle fins if you ask me and I dive almost every day.

Ok, partially rectracting part of my last statement...

I have since tried a pair of the black twin jets, the negative ones and was much more impressed than with the yellow ones. That said, I was diving a pair of yellow twin jets this weekend at the lake to try them out again. I am not sure if this was user error or not but when I rotated up and tried to swim up during my ascent, I could not swim up, I had to add air. Never had that problem with paddles.

I did that same experiment a few years ago.I split some old UDTs by removing the center rin and then recontouring the blade. I also did the same with a rotten pair of old Jets. I did this to some old Vikings as well an a set of Plana Graphite full foots that had a torn pocket. You know--I hate to tell you guys---:

1) Force Fins Pros are quite possibly the fastest fin

N

What fun. Thank you. Bob wears the same mask as you, and on his head too! We were viewing videos of the day's dive from the Nekton Rorqual and someone asked Bob how he clears his mask. The next scene on the screen was Bob hamming it up for the camera by taking his mask right off his head. Smiling at the camera, then putting the mask back on, blowing it clear and swimming away. I really liked that mask too. It is really comfortable around the face, but I show up in photographs too often and it is hard to get them published if you are wearing archaic gear.

Here is Bob in his favorite mask, and wearing his patented Foil Force - Split Fins.

Bob-1.jpg

Susanne,
I think the new split fin with the SD-1 Pocket is the favorite split fin for me.
Trying them out in Belize was awesome and I can only imagine the next project the Fin Doctor has in the Lab.

I have black twin jets and love them

I was wondering:
If a single split in a split fin is good; what would happen if I put, say, 6 splits in my fins?

I mean, if one split is good, then 6 splits must be 6 times better (define better however you would like). Right?

Am I the only one getting a glitch here?

Shows a page 2 but when I click it links back to page 1???

Usually means the mods have deleted a post or two - it'll update the page but the page count takes longer.

By the way, did I ever tell you about the time when I was on this web site somewhere, and this one guy had a totally different opinion than mine on some issue, and it made me SO ANGRY. So I attacked him, posted a few cheap shots and ad hominems (and Hail Marys for good measure) and called him names. That made me feel better about myself, and it was so soothing to put down another person. Yeah, that was a great day!

By the way, did I ever tell you about the time when I was on this web site somewhere, and this one guy had a totally different opinion than mine on some issue, and it made me SO ANGRY. So I attacked him, posted a few cheap shots and ad hominems (and Hail Marys for good measure) and called him names. That made me feel better about myself, and it was so soothing to put down another person. Yeah, that was a great day!

That hurt my feelings so bad...sobsobsob...I've been in therapy ever since...

I was wondering:
If a single split in a split fin is good; what would happen if I put, say, 6 splits in my fins?

I mean, if one split is good, then 6 splits must be 6 times better (define better however you would like). Right?

Behave yourself now. :shakehead:

. . . . . . :d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom