One Day PADI Certification program/Divers Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webedivin2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are now offering a one day PADI Openwater program for those who are interested.
Why wait for a program to come to you, since 1958 we have been offering diving programs to the Baltimore and surrounding counties.
Its all simple, Sign up for the course, we send a book and dvd, show up to one lecture and attend one pool session, scheduled 3 Sundays a month. Return the DVD and recieve all your referal paper work.
Want to get certified with us, schedule a PADI certification weekend. How easy can it be.
Sanctioned by PADI, to the standards that they have set. Call for details.

This could be a bit misleading to the uninformed. You say 1 day certification which it is not but you also state that you only get your referral papers. You can't actually get PADI Open Water certified in 1 day.

I have a matchbook cover that says I can learn to fly an airplane in one day........

Seriously, I do not see how anyone trying to really teach safe diving could think a one day class in scuba diving is a good idea. Just how much in depth (pun intended) training is a novice going to get, in a sport that can result in his or her death if not done with due caution, skill and knowledge?

Well you know what they say, "You only need equipment to sky dive, again."

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? Chaz, I'll bet I can't really get a one day course from your shop, because I know that you have more integrity than to make a bunch of one day wonders up there in the frozen north, where proper skill development is a must. I know that some unscrupulous instructors up your way are more than happy to do a one day course for their unknowing students, then to turn them loose on us dive operators to fix, but I know that you care about your customers more than that, and rather than turning out dangers by the truckload, you'd rather teach folks to become divers.

I know you're frustrated. Hang in there. The customers you want know quality when they see it. And the ones that can't see the quality, you don't want them as customers anyway, for they can't recognize the true value that you offer.

Back
Top Bottom