One Day PADI Certification program/Divers Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a matter of clarity!!! I do apologize for the miss wording of my post. It was never my intension to say a one day certifcation was being offered, it should have been referal.
Secondly, I let my frustration toward a certain person get the best of me in a matter that should never been addressed in this forum.
Third, all that Wookie has stated is fact with my major concern that the industry is dumbing down training to make a dollar. Sorry I will not and cannot do it (see my post on instructor forum).
I guess my question is when does it stop? The certifying instructor has the final say on the cert, and certain dive shops are sending, one day wonders, to the resorts, live-a-board dive boats, Flordia and where ever to handle these minimally trained divers! Will it take a fatality or serious injury to open the training agencies eyes?
I cannot blame the student becuase I believe with good intensions they sign up for what they are told is adaqute training.
Anyhow, for those of you that know me I tend to be a fair and to the point kinda guy! What occurred on this post was truely a mistake!
Good diving!!!
Chaz

Obviously the Baltimore/Metro market is very volatile. shops coming and going, people in transition, personalities that assume bigger than life. Yet this is the age old gripe of all time.

1. ow training quality and what the standards are for agency xyz and who enforces the standards when they are bent or broken? The standard police??

Just let it all go. Quality will endure with or without drama, I like mine without the drama. To say a few words on ow training. I do not think there is a middle left. It is either blatantly lax or boot camp intensive these days. Which one is right? who cares? some one or some agency puts every new diver on a path. It is up to the diver to continue on a path they choose or not. That choice leaves the instructor and agency completely out of the equation. So in my mind it leaves the arguement null in void.
Wookie has a valid complaint about boat ops having to sort them out, but that is part of the proccess of not inviting a liability onto your boat. There is no way to really address that other than what is done now, go for a audition dive, or come with a refferal, or come with a current client. I do not object to that proccess at all, I find it refreshing and am actually embarassed when I am asked while traveling to do a check out dive. So in the end let it go. All of it.
Eric
clever discussin on this topic invited as I can not dive today.
Eric

Back
Top Bottom