Once dry, do you ever go back to wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Also, anyone who has dove dry for any length of time has probably gotten to feel the water at least once.
HHHaaarrr!
Indeed!
:D
Rick

"Once dry, do you ever go back to wet?"

Yep.

the K

Most probably, for simple summer dives from the shore, too much fuss with drysuit. And pre/post dive maintenance...

I reckon I'll be diving wet again starting end of may until early october, with some exceptions (two dives per day off a boat and etc).

I go back to wet as soon as the water gets warm enough but my cold water tolerance while wet has definitely changed. The water has to hit the high 60's-low 70's to get me out of my drysuit. Sometimes I start the day wet and switch to dry once I start to chill a little on the surface. I've also done the first dive dry then switched to the wetsuit :D
Ber :lilbunny:

SURE...as in early cool season dives or when your waiting for a dry suit part or repair.

or when your waiting for a dry suit part or repair.

Just own more than 1 drysuit.

Very, very rarely. Since getting my drysuit this past Feb, I've done 54 dry dives and 8 wet dives. Of the 8 wet dives, 5 were for rescue class and it was because I didn't want to risking tearing a seal. Two were in Florida over Spring Break and the last was in a very shallow quarry in October and the min temp was 74.

Diving wet??? what and go back to the dark ages .

I dive Dry only , maybe the fact that even in the summer the water here only gets to about 60 F at the best of times may have something to

I only dive wet when water temps are greater than 80F.

Unfortunately, I rarely see those temps here in the NE. :wink:

Sold my wetsuit years ago.

Aside from the drysuit's better thermal protection, I like the comfortable fit of my drysuit much better than a 7mm wetsuit.

Hated that feeling of being wrapped in rubber bands! :D

Dave C

I will still dive with a wet suite if conditons are rough and I'm doing a surf entry. Neoprene bounces off rocks and grinds into sand alot better than a dry suite.

For everyday diving I prefer to use my dry suite.

R.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom