On no island like Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one get disgusted with every Bonaire thread that 2 or 3 people enter into taking the thread from a realistic discussion of what is good about Bonaire AND the problems on Bonaire right into the toilet where they have led this thread. Excellent work boys. Almost nobody (I only say almost becaquse I have never seen those words spoken or implied but anything is possible) has said crime does not exist "buddy" (not you DiverVince - your post is just the one that started my posy)......you fanatical ijuts simply keep making that claim thanks to your inability to read and comprehend the written word. You have had one good post and were commended on it......that is one better than your buddy so I guess that is good.

Thanks for the pat on the back. Here is my response to the rest of it -

crying_baby2.jpg

Now if you'd like more fair and honest replies simply don't drag the discussion into the toilet yourselves. Post fairly and honestly and you'll keep the thread at that level.

A few words to those folks who have no experience on the island and looking for bona fide information. Be careful what you read here and take it with a grain of (Bonairean) salt, because many posters have so little knowledge of what they pontificate about under the guise of trying to get the facts out about Bonaire that's it's pathetic that they try and pawn themselves off as having information about the island. .

Oh Vincy... :shakehead:

Yes, people be careful what you read.

All these threads that start with a first hand account of a vacationer on Bonaire, of being drugged, safes being pried open, items being stolen at dive sites, rooms being ransacked, fake security guards casing dive sites.... they are all pontifications made under the guise of people pawning themselves off as having information about what happened to them.

How about you white washers try a different tack.

When somebody posts a thread about getting $10,000 worth of their property stolen, how about you respond with appropriate replies like

Sorry to hear that...

Wow, bummer, but it does happen here, unfortunately...

Geeze, again? This is really getting out of hand!

Then the rest of the time why don't you fill up the Bonaire section with positive threads about topics involving Bonaire? There's a whole lot of space waiting to be filled up with other threads.

Seems like a better way to promote Bonaire then to try to white wash every single crime victims experience.

Now if you'd like to have a fair and honest discussion then carry on. If you want to have it your way only, then....

If I say I want it my way will you guys stay out of the various threads? Something tells me no. If I say I want a fair and honest discussion will you and PiFi and the one or two others start having a fair and honest discussion? Something tells me no.

Refusing to accept that there is less chance of being robbed on Bonaire than there is elsewhere (like XXX city or where ever) is NOT a fair an honest discussion..... yet that is how you roll. If Diver Vince says the island is safe then I believe him. It means that he has not personally been exposed to crime on Bonaire and he has a hell of a lot of experience there. You guys spew non-fact everywhere but refuse to back it up when called on it. PiFi has been there once where nothing happened. I have been there twice with nothing happening. I know other people that likely total 100 trips with nothing happening (save one). My main dive buddy lost his shorts from the truck this last time......he then found them at the next dive site in the ditch. Is this acceptable? Nope. Is it the end of the world that you and your chicken little friends make it out to be? Nope.

Does crime on Bonaire happen? Yes and everybody says it does. Nobody is saying otherwise IMO. Is Bonaire safe.....DEFINITELY. Does your method of spewing and refusing to have a "discussion" where facts can be labelled as such and opinions can also be labelled as such help? Definitely not. All it does is piss people off and derail threads.

Personally, there is no crying coming from me. IJUTS are fun to argue with :wink:.

There has been no evidence that you get it at all, in this thread. For somone that CLAIMS to have an Engineering degree, any degreee, you seem to be finding it difficult to grasp the obvious.
I get it just fine and understand who can state information from experience and who can exaggerate from little to no experience...

Fine people I'm sure but hardly experts on bonaire crime, right?
compared to your experience... they are! They have perhaps 6-7 times the experience you have on island.

Have YOU been humble and accepting?
Yes, I've taken thanks in this thread and others without bringing it up (except to answer this question) and now it will be back where it was in the thread...

In fact here is a great vacation photo from 1000 steps, of our rental car...

stripped.jpg

!

See locking your doors does work on Bonaire.

It's clear here he locked the drivers door, but forgot to lock the other three doors.

I don't see what all this fuss is about. To Me It's clearly the divers fault for not locking the other three doors. :idk:

Now that was funny mike :rofl3:

If I say I want it my way will you guys stay out of the various threads? Something tells me no. If I say I want a fair and honest discussion will you and PiFi and the one or two others start having a fair and honest discussion? Something tells me no.

I can't speak for anybody else but myself. But fair and honest is what I'm all about.

Refusing to accept that there is less chance of being robbed on Bonaire than there is elsewhere (like XXX city or where ever) is NOT a fair an honest discussion..... yet that is how you roll. If Diver Vince says the island is safe then I believe him. It means that he has not personally been exposed to crime on Bonaire and he has a hell of a lot of experience there. You guys spew non-fact everywhere but refuse to back it up when called on it. PiFi has been there once where nothing happened. I have been there twice with nothing happening. I know other people that likely total 100 trips with nothing happening (save one). My main dive buddy lost his shorts from the truck this last time......he then found them at the next dive site in the ditch. Is this acceptable? Nope. Is it the end of the world that you and your chicken little friends make it out to be? Nope.

Does crime on Bonaire happen? Yes and everybody says it does. Nobody is saying otherwise IMO. Is Bonaire safe.....DEFINITELY. Does your method of spewing and refusing to have a "discussion" where facts can be labelled as such and opinions can also be labelled as such help? Definitely not. All it does is piss people off and derail threads..

Again, I don't know about YOU GUYS, but I definitly don't spew non-facts. I can promise that the discussion won't end. Forums are tangental places. All it takes is one person to make 5 statements, then one person respons to the 1 statement out of the 5 that is the weakest and suddenly 6 pages later nobody even knows what the original topic even was.

That's what happens and it's not going to stop.

Personally, there is no crying coming from me. IJUTS are fun to argue with :wink:.

Now you know where I'm coming from. :eyebrow:

The majority of the problems would be solved if some of sent away for the sense of humor is a box and liberally applied it to yourself.

Look at Cool Tech directly above this reply.

He's still going on trying to get Pilot Fish to give him some master's thesis or answer a 50 page questionaire so he can create a request for proposal in tripplicate to submit to his direct supervisor. :shakehead:

And.... he still isn't 100% positive that the picture of all the ponies is real or not.

Thanks for the pat on the back. Here is my response to the rest of it -

crying_baby2.jpg

Now if you'd like more fair and honest replies simply don't drag the discussion into the toilet yourselves. Post fairly and honestly and you'll keep the thread at that level.
I'm glad to see you didn't go over the top with your response...

So everyone can be sure...

Is this an image from Bonaire?
Is this a discussion of Bonaire?
Is this a troll post in order to get a rise from some one?
Can you show where some have "drag the discussion into the toilet"?
Can you show us two posts by you in this thread that were fair and honest? I have seen exactly one

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom