OMS modular valve questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I recently bought a used LP tank that has an older OMS modular valve on it with the insert to make it a yoke. The valve is bigger than others...a dust cap will not fit on it, and I found that one of my three first stages will not fit (yoke) because the yoke part of the first stage is not wide enough to fit over the top/head of the valve.

I am a little concerned about not being able to get a fill away from home in case the fill adapter will not fit. I suppose they could unscrew the DIN plug and then fill it as a DIN instead of yoke. Has anyone had issues with this?

Is a single modular valve something someone might want to trade for a non-modular valve that is DIN/yoke convertible?

I know...I know....another reason to go DIN, right?

What you write is not all that uncommon with some modular valves. It is pretty easy to find a std yoke valve used for under $20. That would solve most of your problems until you convert to DIN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom