oms goes dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris_b, I think it's a valid point. I think there will be more lagit "DIR"solutions. I also think the term will be used to describe equipment that may not be "DIR". As more companies use the term I can see the definition or at least the perceived definition being diluted.

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Looks like the OMS-DIR gear has been brought up on quest. Should be interesting reading.

Eric
:hiding:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

if they ever figger out who it was... you will probably loose your DIRf certification!
But I spent a week making the C-card in powerpoint...I even embossed JJ's face on it... Oh well, none of the NE boats will take it anyway...

OMS DIR Bungee Wings of Life

Maaaaybe OMS will issue DIR cards with each piece of DIR gear purchased!

Saaaay.... since you already chucked the pooch into the pot maybe you otta stir it....

Howsabout openly speculating on Quest about the possibility of some other training organizations seeing the *wisdom* in offering DIR courses now that OMS has broken the ice. :D

Report back.

Howsabout openly speculating on Quest about the possibility of some other training organizations seeing the *wisdom* in offering DIR courses now that OMS has broken the ice.
Now there's an interesting thought...maybe someone else who hasn't posted lately should inquire about that over on quest (*nudge nudge*). I am envisioning a DIR Diver Specialty Card now that you mentioned the concept...

I notice that two sections on the OMS website criticizing the barrel-style manifolds, and Halcyon Explorer wing construction, have quietly gone away...

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I notice that two sections on the OMS website criticizing the barrel-style manifolds, and Halcyon Explorer wing construction, have quietly gone away...
I forgot they had that whole page before on how the "weak" barrel style manifolds were inferior to their own design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom