oms goes dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

How so?
...it would be interesting to watch if they switched to a Halcyon only policy, i.e. Halcyon is now the only DIR gear. I think that would kill GUE...not that they would do it, but...

I'm curious why they need Halcyon "defectors" to "become DIR." Can't they just buy a copy of JJ's book? Or if they're really into the cloak-and-dagger thing, send someone to a GUE class "undercover." Maybe this could be the basis for the script of the next James Bond movie!

"two key employees have defected"

As long as the gear works with the DIR system. I think it will be a good thing in the long run. If the stuff is really good, divers will dive it. I think it is funny how they announced it. OMS seems to have a flare for that type of language. Just check out the ad for the 02 alanyzer.

The industry is small and this will keep on happening.
Eric

I was interested to see that they are using the term "DIR". I was led to believe thet the term was exclusive. I didn't check the legality I just let it go.

Halcyon has been interesting to watch. For the last year we have sold Halcyon almost exclusively and I can't even teach DIRF. To put this in perspective Fifth-D sells more Halcyon equipment in my area than I do. The amount of equipment that must have been sold through their DIRF classes is mind boggleing.

Many have found it more cost effective to buy other plates. Many find products such as the backup lights too expensive.

There are many "Hogarthian" rigged divers who have used Dive right and OMS plates and wings for years and years. Let's face it alot of Hacyon apeal is in the brand name. WKPP sells DIR, DIR sells GUE and all that sells Halcyon. It will be interesting to see what happens one everyone jumps on the DIR bandwagon.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
...It will be interesting to see what happens on[c]e everyone jumps on the DIR bandwagon.

We can all get great deals on pink-anodized Dacor backplate and neon-piped wings on closeout! Woohoo for competition! =-)

chris_b once bubbled...

We can all get great deals on pink-anodized Dacor backplate and neon-piped wings on closeout! Woohoo for competition! =-)

I haven't heard anything about these products. Any details?

Mike, I was just carrying your "once everyone gets on the bandwagon" statment out to its logical conclusion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom