Oms Double Wing Setup To Single Tank Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Y'all!

Total newbie to wing setups here but found something on my local classifieds website that seems interesting (price wise it's not back at all!). Although at the moment I have no interest into going into Doubles or Sidemount, I would like to know what I can do to transform this following setup into a single tank wing/harness kinda thing :)

OMS Harness
OMS Double Wing
OMS Sidemount Attachment
OMS SS Backplate

I assume I won't need the Double wing and sidemount attachment for a while. What else would I need and how much would that stuff run me? Any ideas?

FYI that setup mentioned above will run me less than US$ 200

Thanks!
C

It sounds like it may not be the best deal for you. The only items of value to you are the plate and harness, which are worth maybe $60 used. Selling the wing won't be impossible, but it won't sell as quickly or for as high a price as other brands. And the sidemount adapter is definitely not a popular item.

Assuming you did buy it, you would need to purchase a single tank wing and a single tank adapter. $200 would be a reasonable amount to spend on a cheaper used wing, and the single tank adapter would be around $30. But, again, you've got over $400 sunk into it unless you can successfully sell the doubles wing and sidemount adapter.

I would keep looking for something that's already set up for single tank. There are a bunch of options for sale in the classifieds here for reasonable cost. Or, here's an example that would get you exactly what you want, brand new, for quite cheap: DGX Custom - DGX Singles Harness / Backplate / Wing Package | Dive Gear Express®

Hello Y'all!

Total newbie to wing setups here but found something on my local classifieds website that seems interesting (price wise it's not back at all!). Although at the moment I have no interest into going into Doubles or Sidemount, I would like to know what I can do to transform this following setup into a single tank wing/harness kinda thing :)

OMS Harness
OMS Double Wing
OMS Sidemount Attachment
OMS SS Backplate

I assume I won't need the Double wing and sidemount attachment for a while. What else would I need and how much would that stuff run me? Any ideas?

FYI that setup mentioned above will run me less than US$ 200

Thanks!
C

Probably not what you want to hear but.........

I end up talking with somebody that had done pretty much exactly this about twice a month. They purchased a bunch of stuff that's not really what they need, and now they want to piece together something that will better suit their actual needs.

Frequently they end up paying more than they would have if the purchased a complete BP&W with exactly what was appropriate, and they end up with some items that don't work as well together .

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Tobin

harness and plate can be reused as long as the webbing is long enough for you. you may be able to sell the oms profile and doubles wing to offset part of the cost, but at 200 usd that pretty much is the high end of what the equipment would go for used and not really a spectacular deal. if the doubles wing is the 80 to 90 pound one with the bungees, you may have a hard time unloading it too. as the shop brand setups from taiwan can be had for as little as 300 new, that oms setup doesn't really make sense.

Ok thanks guys!! I knew it was a little too much for what it is. I'll just wait for something else to come up :)

Back
Top Bottom