OMS Deco Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decoeric

Reaction score
Do any of you own one of the OMS deco regs? If so have you had any trouble with it? What is your opinions of it? Would you recommend it?

Thanks,

eric

Although I do not own one I have used them multiple times. I think that they are a good reg. They are dirt cheap (i believe that MSRP is around $225). They also come stock o2 clean which means you do not have to touch it. They breathe decent, are piston design, and are easy to service (along the lines of a sherwood. And if you don't like your LDS, you can even sign up for the OMS service plan where you pay a one time fee and they will service it for life. I think that is how it works.

I've been using my buddy's OMS deco reg on a pony bottle for several months, and it's been good for what it does. It's an unbalanced 1st stage piston, so it's not something you'd want to use deep in anything other than an emergency. Even at shallow depths, I can definitely notice the difference between it and my Atomic M1. However, I'd say that it generally breathes like a Sherwood Magnum, and it's been very reliable. I'll probably end up buying my own - the price is definitely right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom