OMS 32 LB Wing or Oxycheq Mach V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet, they dive just about the same in the water.

I don't doubt your veracity, nonetheless, you only have to look to see they are different and to the extent that visible and real physical difference manifests itself to different divers will be best accesed by them. One person's "just about" may be to another quite a large difference. For me the answer is obvious.

N

I don't doubt your veracity, nonetheless, you only have to look to see they are different and to the extent that visible and real physical difference manifests itself to different divers will be best accesed by them. For me the answer is obvious.

N

Sure, sure, but for only one of us is the answer based on experience with both wings. For the reasons you state, however, I'd also lean to the Oxy, but the reality is, both wings are well enough made, you'll hardly notice a difference. If that minor difference is out-weighed by the OP's dedication to her LDS, well, that's her valid choice. In any case, I don't have a dog in this race. For singles, I dive DSS, and it has less to do with the wing per se, than the BP+wing combination.

I don't have a dog in the race either and I am not saying both are not equally well made or well thought out except I much prefer the off center inflator hose of the OxyCheq wings so it does not interfere with the valve and regulator and hose routing and the the much larger and clearly visible TACO effect seen on the OMS is going to effect the way the wing vents and therefore the way it dives. The Mach V is a little more representative of edgy design and out of the box thinking. I don't have to have driven a Corvette to realize when one passes my Toyota that his car is faster. I am not very PC and I cannot dismiss what is visibly evident. Anyway, there you have it, right or wrong on my part.

OH, can I ask something, a honest question, have you used both of those with a fast scooter. My hot wound Tekna is very fast and yet the Mach V just tucks in as if it is not there. What would you think if you were diving a scooter with them?

N

Thanks for all the posts guys. If I were going by those pics alone, the Oxycheq has a definite edge. I may consider buying the rest of the rig from the shop, and ordering the Mach V, so that way I'm supporting the shop, but getting the wing I'm leaning towards as well.

Thanks for all the posts guys. If I were going by those pics alone, the Oxycheq has a definite edge. I may consider buying the rest of the rig from the shop, and ordering the Mach V, so that way I'm supporting the shop, but getting the wing I'm leaning towards as well.

Glolem Gear is selling them for $280.00.

The shop won’t go out of business if you didn’t get the oms wing

So stay with what you think is best for you

And now did you think about the Dive rite travel wing?

I think it’s the most streamed wing ever

I use it with OMS IQ without the STA I just use the tank strap to join the harness with the wing

Back
Top Bottom