Omni Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malibugary

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are these ok to use? Saw an article about an "off" brand that had failures. Wanting to route the hose under my arm and this seemed to give more flexibility than a 90. When I dove on Oahu a guy had one and it seemed pretty slick. Just never saw this fitting prior only the 90's.

Is there a particular reason for routing your hose to the point that it apparently causes issues with how your regulator feels or fits?

My wife had an issue with how the regulator feel was influenced by the angle of the hose, and tried a swivel, but all it did was add bulk to the second stage. We solved her problem by simply going to a hose that was six inches longer, and ditched the swivel.

I'm streamlining my gear and underarm is the most logical routing. The swivel seems more forgiving than a 90.

I use the 120 degree swivel. I've had the omnis fail me on a dive. Simpler is better.

DX-70420_1.jpg

I've had the angles fail on me and I use the branded omni swivels as well as the ones sold by Cave Adventurers. Never had a problem with either so long as you do proper maintenance to them. For what you want, the 120 is probably going to be a bit better for you than the 90, and the branded omni's are likely not worth the expense, but the Cave Adventurers ones aren't bad at all price wise

I've had the angles fail on me and I use the branded omni swivels as well as the ones sold by Cave Adventurers. Never had a problem with either so long as you do proper maintenance to them. For what you want, the 120 is probably going to be a bit better for you than the 90, and the branded omni's are likely not worth the expense, but the Cave Adventurers ones aren't bad at all price wise
Which one is the 120? I saw a 70 and 110... Also would I want a 40 or 60" hose for my reg? I was going to put a 24 on my octo and use a neck bungee for it.

I use a XS Scuba 90 with a 44" hose but if I buy another hose will go to 40". Scubapro makes a nice compact 120 bend that I would probably use on a hose under 40". My only problem with the Omni swivel is the bulk / looks and it just is not necessary if your hose is long enough.

IMG_2107.JPG

I'm trying out a combo of Atomic Aquatics swivel hose + 70 Degree Swivel Adapter, LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch M x 9/16-Inch F. The 70 degree thingy routes the hose to the area I want it to be, the Atomic swivel hose gives me some easy wiggle room for fine placement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom