Oly c 5050 VS Intova ic12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sid2

Reaction score
First post here hoping to find some answers and/or advice. I'm looking to purchase a camera I can use underwater. I will only be using this camera while snorkeling, no scuba. After some research and budget constraints I am trying to decide between the Oly C 5050 or the Intova IC12. I might add a strobe at a later date. Looking for decent pics to show non diving friends and relatives. Which would serve my purposes better? Or maybe you guys can suggest something different/better.My budget for now is 350.00. Hope that helps and thanks in advance...Sid

Hi sid2 I have an Intova IC-10 and Intova strobe for about the price you want to spend the Intova IC-10 is the 10 meg version of the IC12 but doesn't do HD video just normal video it takes really good photos for it's cost. Check out my photos on my name.

Welcome to the board.
The 5050 has been out of production for a long time and it getting hard to find a good one, same goes for the housings. Oly no longer repairs them so service is pretty much out of the question. It is no doubt one of the better cameras for UW use that has been made over the years but with it's age and lack of support it's not really a good choice now.

I agree with Herman on the c-5060 you should look at the SP-350, 8meg pixles and hot shoe and a much larger LCD.

Wanted to put my quarter in on this. I've been diving the C-5050 since about 04 and you can get service for them. Japan still has an active following on the housings. Oly USA is quick to let models go obsolete. My wife dives a E410. Afetr a flood I got her a new one and some of the dimentions changed. I'll stick with a 5050 till you can no longer get housing rings

Wanted to put my quarter in on this. I've been diving the C-5050 since about 04 and you can get service for them. Japan still has an active following on the housings. Oly USA is quick to let models go obsolete. My wife dives a E410. Afetr a flood I got her a new one and some of the dimentions changed. I'll stick with a 5050 till you can no longer get housing rings

Do you have contact info for a service shop? I have a "spare" that I would love to have repaired.

Nothing wrong with the housing, I have a spare camera that the function buttons are acting up on. I would like to get back functional as my backup camera.

I had a problem with my camera not staying on more than 5 seconds, shipped it to precision camera in enfield CT, had it back in the water in 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom