Oly c 5050 VS Intova ic12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just an update. I did end up purchasing the Oly 5050 and Oly housing. I payed 158.00 which I thought was a great deal.Now that I've had the camera and have played with it awhile, I'm finding it's been outstanding for land based photography, of which I'm familiar with. It's a fairly simple and complex camera all at the same time. The learning curve has been relatively easy. If you can't take an excellent land based pic with this camera, well it ain't the camera! When the camera is in the housing the buttons are still easy to use and it's easy to make any exposure adjustments. I can't wait to use it underwater! I'm so impressed with it I'm looking for another one as a backup for land use. For what these can be bought for today and for what you get, it's hard to beat. All the lenses are still available too. Wow. I'll post pics when I get back which should be after the first of the year..Thanks..Sid

Sid,
I STILL love mine for underwater, i know people that get new gear every year, but i swear by the 5050, i love the my setting cause once i drop, i'm set for great underwater photo's
laytahs

FWIW/FYI, I just replaced all the o-rings (cept the door rings) in the housing from an o-ring kit from home depot ($8.00). you can also get the rings from granger and or harbor tool, PM me if you need part #'s
laytah

You sure?? There is a very tiny one in the mode control shaft that was an oddball size. There was a lot of discussion on it back in the early days of the PT-15.

The Oly 5050 is an excellent camera, the lens quality is one of the best I've ever seen in a compact camera.

Herman,
I work with o-rings during my day job...i'm, not going to mess with water tight integrity if i have any dout about the possibility of a flood...and you can find a great selection on o-rings at home depot in the section for faucets

laytahs
steve

You sure?? There is a very tiny one in the mode control shaft that was an oddball size. There was a lot of discussion on it back in the early days of the PT-15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom