Older l.p. steel 63cf scuba tank identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Help me please! Ive spent considerable time researching some tanks I bought. I have not been able to find anything out about them. They are in terrific shape. I want to sell them but I need to be able to tell a potential buyer info. Here are all markings from one of the two. They are identical.

line 1-DOT-3AA1800

line 2-HC-182639

1st hydro is 09-74

The only other mark is opposite of the main markings. It is TJ.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay

I have some of those. They are not 63cf, more like 45cf. They were (eons ago) commonly doubled up with a single outlet manifold to make ~90cf total. As singles, their capacity, bouyancy characteristics and dimensions are pretty dreadful for anything but scrubbing boat bottoms and such in warm water. Mine were given to me, I didn't bother getting them hydroed but fill them myself to the plus rating (2000psi) and then use them with an adapter to inflate my RIB. If you have the manifold and bands they would have originally been matched with they may have value to someone in the vintage forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom