Need some help ID'ing LP Steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
They dont have much in the way of markings. They are both identical the only exception is one of them has a blue coating. Same original hydro dates, sizes and markings.

The markings are as follows.

line 1-DOT-3AA1800

line 2-HC-182639

to the right of the main markings in what looks like 2 A's back to back. Kinda like the 82nd Airborne insignia (my old unit) or resembling an arrowhead with a line in the middle

Date of first hydro is 06-74

Opposite of the main markings are the letters TJ

Physical dimensions are as follows.

23 1/2" long from the top flat of the neck (no valve) to the bottom, removed boot for accuracy

6 1/2" diameter

Weight is 24.5lbs give or take, my scale was fluctuating

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer is/was?
What the volume of these are?
What the max fill or working pressure is? I was told by the seller the max psi is 1850. I havent been able to find anything on LP steel tanks 1850 psi.

Help me please!
Thanks,
Jason

3AA is a steel cylinder with the service pressure is 1800 psi that is what the following says:

3AA1800

I think the volume is 45 cu.ft. at 1800 psi and if + rated on the hydro then 50 cu.ft.

Norris should be the mfg.

It sounds like a tank that I have and another forum helped me figure out that it is a steel 53cf tank. Same dimensions and pressure rating (and it also happens to be blue). Mike

Back
Top Bottom