old tanks..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobius1

Registered
Reaction score
Can you take an old tank and turn it in to a local can reclamation place for some money?

i know you can for some of the older brass valves.

just curious.

Are made from old tanks.

You can DIY or take them to artists that do metal and have some cool instead of them just being recycled.

Anybody in FL want to get rid of some old tanks?

I have never done it, but and AL 80 tank should weigh about 32 to 34 pounds empty. I called my local recycling center and todays quote is $0.30, maybe more, maybe less depending upon where you go. So that makes the tank worth about $10.00. They were also interested in if the metal was clean or dirty (more for clean) and wanted me to cut the tank in half first.

A friend of mine recently took about 30 al80's to the scrap yard, he got $20.00 each.

They must have a certain amount of scrap value, that is why Luxfer wants them returned.

I think that Luxfer is screwing people, when they originally sold the tanks, they had a lifetime warranty.

from what Luxfer says if you call them, the lifetime warranty was put out under US Divers (not Luxfer) and is still honored!

Doesn't sound like a screw job to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom