Old tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't get a hydro around here for $8, no way. More like $20.

And I've seen 2 hydro facilities VIPing tanks, not the kind of inspection I'd trust my life to (at my home fill station). I don't care if some 'tank monkey' looked in my cylinders for 2 seconds, I still VIP and fill my own.

texgal@heart:
I know my LDS will not hydro tanks that were manufactured in 1988 or older. No matter when the last hydro was. MIght be a good idea to give your LDS a call.

Yeah.. I would find another dive shop.. The hydro centers will hydro anything.. I just bought a pair of steel 72's from a friend and one of them had an original hydro of 1968.. Both passed perfectly..

I have to echo the sentiments of most of the other posters in this thread. Take that tank in for hydro and I bet it passes. The steel double 72s I started out on and dived the crap out of were made in the early 70s --- and just last year I saw a guy using them finishig off his advanced nitrox class with those same tanks so they are still going strong!

I just had a 1954 steel 72 complete with J-Valve filled today. It is due for a hydro next month. There is no reason to expect that it will not pass once again.

Back
Top Bottom