Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We make room! Normally, there is plenty of room..those that arrive later have to pitch their tents a little closer together. :)

So last year we came for the day and didn't camp. Looks like this year a few of us will be arriving Saturday morning. How does the camping work? I know most people arrive Thurs/Fri and the the turkey roost area was reserved last year...is there going to still be room in there for another tent or two by Saturday? Looking forward to it! Also, we will bring some burgers and stuff for the grill!

There's usually room and if necessary, tents can be set up by the pavilion. We'll find room for you no problem. It's a large area.

I'll add you and your group to the list! :)

Last edited:
Put me down for 2 bags of Charcoal! Can't wait to see you all again!

My very busy Mom life just interfered with my plans. The daughter and I won't make it after all:crying:::crying2:
Will people still be diving on Sunday? we might be able to make a day trip.

So sorry to hear! Was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe you can make it to the spring MegaDive...

Just got back from a cruise and diving in Grand Caymen (soooo amazing, loving this diving thing :) )! And I see more posts on this thread! To specify what I'm bringing, I will bring some craft beers (whatever I can get my hands on from friends etc.), some RUM (I looked for dark cruzan rum on the cruise, to no avail :( )...and some side items/desserts. I plan on coming up after work on Friday, so I should get there by 7ish?

How does the tank rental go throughout the day? You rent two tanks, use them, rent two more? Just trying to figure out the costs for rental stuff for Saturday. Also, should I buy some snazzy sort of flashlight before then? Any advice for the newbie would be grand :crafty:

Friday night is pot luck. Come when you can. Better early though because it's getting dark earlier and it's a pain to try to set up the tent in the dark. Flashlights don't need to be snazzy, a small one is probably all you need.
Advice? Watch out for the fool!!!:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:. Marshmallow guns. Mega Omlettes!
and something about an initiation for noobs..

Friday night is pot luck. Come when you can. Better early though because it's getting dark earlier and it's a pain to try to set up the tent in the dark. Flashlights don't need to be snazzy, a small one is probably all you need.
Advice? Watch out for the fool!!!:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:. Marshmallow guns. Mega Omlettes!
and something about an initiation for noobs..

:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

I must object.

I feel that I am being misrepresented, and all of my future friends are being scared away before I even get the chance to meet them.

Jenny, I understand if you are still upset about the airboat incident, but when you mix rum and 600 horsepower, nothing good can come of it

Think of the bright side. If you ever just HAVE to get out of town for awhile, I am sure that Clem would be glad to see you again.

I'm coming in from out of town (Maryland), flying in to Jax late Friday night. I think I'll stay Friday night near the airport, but will plan on an early start Saturday to get started diving, woohoo! I don't actually have to be at work until Tuesday AM, so I'd be interested to know if anyone's planning on continuing the dive into Monday.

Put me down for:
Chicken breasts and beer (assuming someone has space in a cooler that I can put stuff in)
Bag of charcoal

Anything else obvious I ought to know about this trip?

Thanks,
Dan

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom