Oktoberfest Megadive 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooh, question: what wet suit should I bring? What kind of temperatures should I expect in the springs?

... I'll think of more questions, I promise.

At this time last year, all I wore was a 3mm Fullsuit...but I'm very cold tolerant...I've seen everything from swim trunks and a rash guard to drysuits at Ginnie. The water is 72 F year round. But the air temp can change. It sucks getting out of the water when the air temp is 35 F and there's breeze...lol! This year, I'll either be in my drysuit or my 3mm. Hope this helps.

I'm coming in from out of town (Maryland), flying in to Jax late Friday night. I think I'll stay Friday night near the airport, but will plan on an early start Saturday to get started diving, woohoo! I don't actually have to be at work until Tuesday AM, so I'd be interested to know if anyone's planning on continuing the dive into Monday.

Put me down for:
Chicken breasts and beer (assuming someone has space in a cooler that I can put stuff in)
Bag of charcoal

Anything else obvious I ought to know about this trip?

Thanks,
Dan

Bring a dive light and be ready to have fun!!!!!!!

I must object.

I feel that I am being misrepresented, and all of my future friends are being scared away before I even get the chance to meet them.

Jenny, I understand if you are still upset about the airboat incident, but when you mix rum and 600 horsepower, nothing good can come of it

Think of the bright side. If you ever just HAVE to get out of town for awhile, I am sure that Clem would be glad to see you again.
yanoo, you do not wear jealousy very well.

Getting caught up...

Put me down for 2 bags of Charcoal! Can't wait to see you all again!

Will do. :)

My very busy Mom life just interfered with my plans. The daughter and I won't make it after all:crying:::crying2:
Will people still be diving on Sunday? we might be able to make a day trip.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would pass on just a day trip if I was you and wait till you could spend more time.

Just got back from a cruise and diving in Grand Caymen (soooo amazing, loving this diving thing :) )! And I see more posts on this thread! To specify what I'm bringing, I will bring some craft beers (whatever I can get my hands on from friends etc.), some RUM (I looked for dark cruzan rum on the cruise, to no avail :( )...and some side items/desserts. I plan on coming up after work on Friday, so I should get there by 7ish?

How does the tank rental go throughout the day? You rent two tanks, use them, rent two more? Just trying to figure out the costs for rental stuff for Saturday. Also, should I buy some snazzy sort of flashlight before then? Any advice for the newbie would be grand :crafty:

Call Ginnie Springs and they can fill you in on the rentals and cost. The link to their website and info was on the 1st page of this thread. You will need a dive light and back up light for in the cavern, but if you don't have one, you can either rent that too or I'm sure someone would let you borrow one.

I'm coming in from out of town (Maryland), flying in to Jax late Friday night. I think I'll stay Friday night near the airport, but will plan on an early start Saturday to get started diving, woohoo! I don't actually have to be at work until Tuesday AM, so I'd be interested to know if anyone's planning on continuing the dive into Monday.

Put me down for:
Chicken breasts and beer (assuming someone has space in a cooler that I can put stuff in)
Bag of charcoal

Anything else obvious I ought to know about this trip?

Thanks,
Dan

Great to have you join us Dan! I'll add you to the list when I update it, probably tomorrow. As far as wetsuit a 3-5 mil works for most people. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Thanks for all the tips! I will give ginnie springs a call and find out about rental stuff :)

Who all is actually going to be cave diving? I've only got Intro w/ Doubles, but I'm looking to log some time in the caves and I'm gonna need a buddy or 2 or however many want to go. I'm actually coming down a few days earlier and diving Peacock Springs from the 24th-26th, so I'll be at Ginnie around noon on the 27th I guess! I can't wait!

fool and Tecdiver1990: I recently got intro with doubles and will be at the camp site come friday early afternoon. I have to make a run to the train station to drop off a family member in jacksonville friday morning, but should be at ginnie by noon. Blue tacoma with protect florida springs tag. (like everyone should have)

@TecDiver1990 and deepn0va

Jean posted this a few pages back. We'll have some other cavers with varying experience in the group too.

I'll be hanging around on Friday from lunch-time on.
IF anyone wants to do some , er , uh ... (rock skulking)
Let me know.

I have to keep my image down , er up I mean ... (EEK)

Beano

P.S. Don't do dem scooter thingies...Anything else is fine.
Read a few posts back that someone was looking for some cavin on Friday so ...
04.gif
04.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom