Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Updated list of whos whos and whats whats... everyone please add your name even if your not sure what your bringing so we can get a head count.

MontanaFL, Scorpion2012 and nephew - Tortillas for breakfast, Ziploc freezer bags, 2-3 bags of chicken breasts.
ScubaJenny & Hermit Crab - S'mores fixins and other stuff...
NetDoc & MsElenaous - Matta Ewes, fried chicken, plates, papertowels and silverware, and diet coke/pepsi.
Heath Sapp - 100 hamburgers, a possible wild (but hopefully dead) pig, Rum for Jen-ny and some Jack.
Cardzard and Roxanne - Gallaxy gear (enjoy the show :popcorn:), a lg cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids. A large bag of charcoal, 1 lg pkg. of brats., 1 lg pkg. of hot dogs and buns and my famous baked beans. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omelets.
Babyduck, DA Aquamaster and Jameson - Paper towels, plastic silverware and paper plates.
Joystershell and Megamikey - Megamuffins, 1 or 2 gals. of OJ, eggs, cheese for the burgers and potato salad.
Jeandiver - Brats and buns , chips and dips/salsa , hamburgler bunnies (eek), bags for morning brekky, mustard(s).
Deepseawolf, Maneater, Vix and Hammerhead - Firecircle gear
confused.gif
, the infamous rum tote :drunks: , Our beloved dinner chef
redhot.gif
and his cooking gear (which always includes a kilt).
Scubafool, Dawn ,John, and Helen - Breakfast fixins,firewood if possible, propane tank and lg stockpot for the MegoOmelets and our beloved breakfast chef :stirpot:.
BIGDOGDOWN I'm down I'll be there Friday, with some more eggs for brekkie, buns, and condiments.
MangoMan904 and Camille -
Karenls70 and Jamesdavis007 - Drinks, eggs, chips and dips, plates and silverware, candy and spirits.
Tao of the Dive, Susan and the Boys -
BrewoneOto and Shelli - Potato salad, eggs, and meat item to be anounced later.
Conan3 and 3 others -
Trouard1 -
McCainiac -
JahJahwarrior -

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (selfstarting)
Side dishes (macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad,
veggie platter, fruit, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small)
And if anyone can bring firewood, that would be greatly appreciated!:gas:

So just pick something to bring and add your name to the list.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hey Roxanne-thank so much for updating the list and being the welcoming committee. You rox! :D

Hi,

I dive only for one year. How difficult is Ginnie Springs? Doe it require cavern certification?
what is the deal with the Mega dive for 3 days?

Thanks for any information

Rodolfo
In the rum fueled exuberance your question appears to have been missed/ignored. Personally I go there to dive, not drink, and a lot of that is simply that I don't really feel one goes with the other, before during or after. But I'm probably in the Megadive minority. But to be fair I have also not seen any serious drunkeness during the couple I have attended in the past either and it is pretty much a PG rated family event despite all the rum references.

-----

Ginnie Springs offers open water diving as well as diving that requires cavern or cave certs. The Ginnie Ballroom is considered to be an open water dive and no cert is required and depsite that point being argued here from time to time, I can't recall the last time an OW diver actually died there and thousands dive it every year. OW divers can also dive in the run from the river, past the Devils's Ear and Devil's Ear to Little Devil and can more or less poke their heads into those areas under the restriction of a "no lights" rule that is applied to non-cavern/cave certed divers. You can also do drift dives in the river and outside of times when flooding and tannic intrusion is an issue, the visibility is very good.

In general the water coming out of the system is bottled water pure with superb visibility.

I actually did post on this, but not as well. Great review DA! I will also be bringing extra tents for anybody who needs one.

The UCF club will be coming. We've got a dive on the 16th, so we're just starting to get a plan together.

Does anyone know if Ginnie will be giving us the Full Cave rate for all SB divers?

Updated list of whos whos and whats whats...

MontanaFL, Scorpion2012 and nephew - Tortillas for breakfast, Ziploc freezer bags, 2-3 bags of chicken breasts.
ScubaJenny & Hermit Crab - S'mores fixins and other stuff...
NetDoc & MsElenaous - Matta Ewes, fried chicken, plates, papertowels and silverware, and diet coke/pepsi.
Heath Sapp - 100 hamburgers, a possible wild (but hopefully dead) pig, Rum for Jen-ny and some Jack.
Cardzard and Roxanne - Gallaxy gear (enjoy the show :popcorn:), a lg cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids. A large bag of charcoal, 1 lg pkg. of brats., 1 lg pkg. of hot dogs and buns and my famous baked beans. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omelets.
Babyduck, DA Aquamaster and Jameson - Paper towels, plastic silverware and paper plates.
Joystershell and Megamikey - Megamuffins, 1 or 2 gals. of OJ, eggs, cheese for the burgers and potato salad.
Jeandiver - Brats and buns , chips and dips/salsa , hamburgler bunnies (eek), bags for morning brekky, mustard(s).
Deepseawolf, Maneater, Vix and Hammerhead - Firecircle gear
confused.gif
, the infamous rum tote :drunks: , Our beloved dinner chef
redhot.gif
and his cooking gear (which always includes a kilt).
Scubafool, Dawn ,John, and Helen - Breakfast fixins,firewood if possible, propane tank and lg stockpot for the MegoOmelets and our beloved breakfast chef :stirpot:.
BIGDOGDOWN I'm down I'll be there Friday, with some more eggs for brekkie, buns, and condiments.
MangoMan904 and Camille -
Karenls70 and Jamesdavis007 - Drinks, eggs, chips and dips, plates and silverware, candy and spirits.
Tao of the Dive, Susan and the Boys -
BrewoneOto and Shelli - Potato salad, eggs, and meat item to be anounced later.
Conan3 and 3 others -
Trouard1 -
McCainiac -
JahJahwarrior -
Phreak-Out and others ???-
Blue-Eyed Diver + 1 -
UCF Dive Club -

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas of items we still need...
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (selfstarting)
Side dishes (macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad,
veggie platter, fruit, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Trick or Treat candy (for the kids big and small)
And if anyone can bring firewood, that would be greatly appreciated!:gas:

So just pick something to bring, post and I'll add you to the list.
Hope this helps!

Camille and I are adding to the chow line with 3 dozen eggs, 2 lbs of coffee and Italian Sausage
they are about the size of a regular hot dog, they have mozzarella cheese in them. Lets hope they make it to mega dive they look really good!!

well, looks like you guys are having way too much fun

i'm gonna have to drop by and make you all miserable

Whoo hoooo!!!!

Erhh, hide the tequila, Andy's coming!!! Bring the gui-taar!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom