Unknown Oklahoma couple missing - Matagorda, Texas

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can confirm, they were on the Fling.
I never said they weren’t.

They weren’t on a flower gardens trip.

Reactions: Dan
I'm sure they were praying. Rely on our skills but there is no harm in praying or asking God for help. Don't be so quick to discount that. Nathan was on the verge of a diabetic coma. To be diabetic, not have eaten or taken your medication and exerted a lot of energy for 36 hours is a miracle.
Not really. They had fins and flotation devices. There have been several documented cases of people falling overboard in nothing but their clothes and successfully treading water for more than 24 hours. That’s far more challenging. The issue for well equipped divers is being located, not floating. For that you need to have on your person location devices, of which the PLB is by far the most effective.

If you want to direct message me, that is fine. Never thought posting about a lifesaving tool would annoy others.
It's not an annoyance so much as it is an ongoing subject matter.

Enter search criteria:

PLB
then select: "this forum"
then put in user name: Dan

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please take the PLB discussion to a new thread. This thread is to discuss the drifting divers.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please take the PLB discussion to a new thread. This thread is to discuss the drifting divers.
Thanks for deleting. Useful messages - I’m out… including renewing support!

I’m curious. What is the point of discussing incidents and accidents if it isn’t to figure out ways to avoid them in the future? That’s what aviation accident investigation is all about. So should SCUBA ‘discussions’. Otherwise it’s just pointless idle chat.

As a newb to diving (but not to rescue and survival) I’ve bought several items of kit, and altered my way of doing business, after reading horror stories on here and gleaning lessons from them.

I’m curious. What is the point of discussing incidents and accidents if it isn’t to figure out ways to avoid them in the future? That’s what aviation accident investigation is all about. So should SCUBA ‘discussions’. Otherwise it’s just pointless idle chat.

As a newb to diving (but not to rescue and survival) I’ve bought several items of kit, and altered my way of doing business, after reading horror stories on here and gleaning lessons from them.

Wouldn't you also like to learn, for example, how to avoid losing the boat in the first place? Or other new information?

That discussion will be lost in a sea swell and storm of PLB and cannister talk, as has happened repeatedly in past threads. This PLB discussion can be referred to and redirected to the new thread.

It's not an annoyance so much as it is an ongoing subject matter.

Enter search criteria:

PLB
then select: "this forum"
then put in user name: Dan
You obviously are a mod so why not say that in first place since you can see I am new here? It’s a lifesaving question. I will just find another forum to ask questions about my safety. 🤡

Back
Top Bottom