ok to put weights in tank bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No No NO... I can see what you tried. It was a nice trial and error though. Make it simple by using a tank weight pouch. You can adjust the weight postion whenever you need. I don't use it that much when I dive with PST tanks, but use a lot with AL tanks.

Damselfish:
I've tried putting a weight on my tank band as I don't use enough to distribute evenly between left and right trim pockets. Works fine, but it was a real pain getting it on there and getting it centered while also keeping the tank strap the right length. I'm going to either carry a little extra weight to use the trim pockets, or get a single weight pocket to go on the tank band.

TheYellowSubmarine:
I spent a couple hours last night bending the slots on some weights too allow the halcyon straps through them. Then I come across this today :D
If you use something thin and strong enough (I've got a really old thick diving knife I'm using) you can bend the holes big enough to get the straps though. I'm putting 2Kg of weight on both straps. I haven't dived with a weightbelt for a while - I just put the weights straight on my waist strap.

Update on my adjusting weights to slot on the Halcyon tank bands:
I could bend the slot big enough to slip over the rubber H brand thing at the end, but not big enough to slip over the CT Grip thing. In the end I had to shave off some lead from the slot with an old sharp knife. Now it looks ok, can't wait to try it next weekend when I go diving!

Back
Top Bottom