ok to put weights in tank bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Spoon, you know that Halcyon also makes a cam band weight pouch. It cost around $46 for a pair. I got four cam band pouches made by the third party, such as XS Scuba. I put the two pouches on the uppger cam band. It helps a weight distribution even though I use ACB system. I also put that weight pouch on AL80 tank each to make it a neutral tank. It works great.

i was looking at the halcyon pouches but they are way too pricey here. doesnt make sense spending loads just for 2lbs:) so far so good on my waist strap

Yes, I agree with you. So, you had better get XS scuba weight pocket, It cost $8 each.

hoosier:
Yes, I agree with you. So, you had better get XS scuba weight pocket, It cost $8 each.

honestly i dont think i need one. the 2lb weight is more than fine on my waist strap:)

Put me down as a strap threader who reformed to weight pockets. The threading was fine, it worked out, but didnt seem too permenant, very good for just checking it out. However every time i took the strap off the tank i would scrap the tank up and it would be pain to put it back on as the weight was "that" snug and made the strap hang at an awkward angle. Now i use old DR (no longer available) tank weight pouches, so i can pop on weight in seconds rather than messing about threading.

Sure, I mean if you need a tank weight pouch...:wink: I always say, "Your comfort is a priority."

Spoon:
honestly i dont think i need one. the 2lb weight is more than fine on my waist strap:)

hoosier:
Sure, I mean if you need a tank weight pouch...:wink: I always say, "Your comfort is a priority."

i hear ya bro:) comfort is everything when your in the deep.

I've tried putting a weight on my tank band as I don't use enough to distribute evenly between left and right trim pockets. Works fine, but it was a real pain getting it on there and getting it centered while also keeping the tank strap the right length. I'm going to either carry a little extra weight to use the trim pockets, or get a single weight pocket to go on the tank band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom