OK, I've been to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
and stayed at El Cid/La Ciba. Not bad but those damn cruise ships and their drunken passengers are loud.

I want to be:

a. Closer to town
b. Beach area
c. All inclusive if possible
d. Closer to Papa Hogs
e. And not Baracuda(dump) or Scuba Club(cold)

What do you think?

Lawman:
and stayed at El Cid/La Ciba. Not bad but those damn cruise ships and their drunken passengers are loud.

I want to be:

a. Closer to town
b. Beach area
d. Closer to Papa Hogs

What do you think?

Closer to town, beach area and all-inclusive makes it tough. The closest all-inclusive to town is Hotel Cozumel. They have a small manmade beach area, but not a sloping sandy bottom entry into the water.

Next closest AI is Park Royal, across from El Cid, no beach, you'll have the same problem with the ship pier being right there.

Fiesta Americana, is the next closest, then you're looking at an $8 to $10 taxi ride each way into town.

Then of course you have the AI's far south and the hotels in the northern hotel zone, but those violate the close to town and closer to Papa Hogs criteria.

I hope that helps.

Lawman:

I want to be:

a. Closer to town
b. Beach area
d. Closer to Papa Hogs

What do you think?

My advice: drop the AI requirement and stay at Caribe Blu.

Cheers,

ggunn:
My advice: drop the AI requirement and stay at Caribe Blu.

Cheers,

I second Gordon's suggestion! Close to Papa Hogs, close to town, convenient for diving, all rooms are ocean view, pool on the ocean so you can watch boats come and go, great sunsets, very reasonably priced, great little shore dive right in front, AC, TV, phone, in-room safe, great little breakfast and lunch cafe on premises, am I leaving anything out Gordon?

the cruise shipppers, (newlyweds, overfeds and nearly deads), are one of the reasons we stay at La Ceiba, cheap entertainment, but I can see how they could get on some folks nerves.
I'm not much for AI's, we stayed at the Park Royal when it was still the Sol Caribe, what a mistake! they gave us canned fruit for breakfast, IN MEXICO!?!? and the meat for lunch and dinner was unidentifiable...literally, you couldn't tell what is was!
not much for AI's closer to town anyway, I agree with 'ggun', check out the Caribe Blu, I've heard good things about it and you could probably break even eating in town at some fo the more reasonable restaurants.
Plaza las Glorias supposedly has a nice beach, and seems like a nice clean place. It's right there within walking distance to town. but I don't know much more about it.

best wishes,
the shark

Lawman:

I want to be:

a. Closer to town
b. Beach area
d. Closer to Papa Hogs

What do you think?

I've got the perfect solution. Plaza Las Glorias is being bought out by Palace Resorts, and will become AI. They're closed for renovations now. That should satisfy your requirements.

Caryn:
I've got the perfect solution. Plaza Las Glorias is being bought out by Palace Resorts, and will become AI. They're closed for renovations now. That should satisfy your requirements.

Plaza Las Glorias is not closed yet, as I'll be staying there until August 15th. It closes the 29th of August. It's one mile south of town and you can walk to the great restaurants.

divematt:
Plaza Las Glorias is not closed yet, as I'll be staying there until August 15th. It closes the 29th of August. It's one mile south of town and you can walk to the great restaurants.

You are correct! They moved the date back again. I just got off the phone with the reservations manager and she confirmed the official closing date is August 29. Scheduled reopening is December 24th! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

Christi:
I second Gordon's suggestion! Close to Papa Hogs, close to town, convenient for diving, all rooms are ocean view, pool on the ocean so you can watch boats come and go, great sunsets, very reasonably priced, great little shore dive right in front, AC, TV, phone, in-room safe, great little breakfast and lunch cafe on premises, am I leaving anything out Gordon?

That about covers it. I wish I were there right now!

Christi:
You are correct! They moved the date back again. I just got off the phone with the reservations manager and she confirmed the official closing date is August 29. Scheduled reopening is December 24th! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

Although some say it will be, it is still not yet confirmed to be all inclusive, per Padi Travel. I hope it is not. I love that in town food and expect PLG to be awesome after it's refurbished. If it does go all inclusive, hopefully the price won't scare divers away as I don't mind eating breakfast and a couple of lunches there and still do the Casa Denis thing for dinner. Anyone know for sure what it will be in December? I'll find out in person in about 9 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom