OK, I've been to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt:
Although some say it will be, it is still not yet confirmed to be all inclusive, per Padi Travel. I hope it is not. I love that in town food and expect PLG to be awesome after it's refurbished. If it does go all inclusive, hopefully the price won't scare divers away as I don't mind eating breakfast and a couple of lunches there and still do the Casa Denis thing for dinner. Anyone know for sure what it will be in December? I'll find out in person in about 9 days.

Palace Resorts bought it, so no doubt it will be alot nicer. Palace resorts only runs top notch properties. All of their properties are all-inclusives though. I've heard that the AI plan will be optional, but that is not confirmed.

Christi:
I second Gordon's suggestion! Close to Papa Hogs, close to town, convenient for diving, all rooms are ocean view, pool on the ocean so you can watch boats come and go, great sunsets, very reasonably priced, great little shore dive right in front, AC, TV, phone, in-room safe, great little breakfast and lunch cafe on premises, am I leaving anything out Gordon?
A couple of things but I'm no longer recomending Caribe Blu. I've decided I don't need the competition booking rooms :)...

divematt:
Although some say it will be, it is still not yet confirmed to be all inclusive, per Padi Travel. I hope it is not. I love that in town food and expect PLG to be awesome after it's refurbished. If it does go all inclusive, hopefully the price won't scare divers away as I don't mind eating breakfast and a couple of lunches there and still do the Casa Denis thing for dinner. Anyone know for sure what it will be in December? I'll find out in person in about 9 days.
Hey, think positive. They could be all things to all people by offering a few different packages. For instance, they could have an all inclusive package as well as a no meals or a just breakfast package. They could differentiate between packages with colored wrist bands.

What do you mean the SCUBA Club is "cold"?
In what way?
Thanks for the clarification.....

I Second .. Third -whatever the Caribe Blu! Skip the AI - you wil get bored with the food and feel like you have to eat at the hotel in order to get your moneys worth and will miss all the great places to eat. We have a list of places we like that usually cost us 4 - 7.00 each - and we eat well.

If you stay at the Caribe Blu, you can rent a tank from the shop next door, carry it and your gear all the way soen to the dock in front of the Villa Blanca hotel. If you have a car or scooters, shuttling works fine too. Once there, go to the end of the dock and jump off. Let the current carry you and you will find a shallow water coral reef that is very nice. We make this dive at least once a trip regardless of where we are staying and usually make nioght dives there too. The current will take you right back to the Caribe Blu where you will exit. Usually about an hour dive. Depth is only 35' at max and the reef is about 200 yards from shore.

Mark Phillips
Editor / Publisher
The Wet Gazette - Free for Scuba Divers
www.thewetgazette.com

Mphill9929:
If you stay at the Caribe Blu, you can rent a tank from the shop next door, carry it and your gear all the way soen to the dock in front of the Villa Blanca hotel. If you have a car or scooters, shuttling works fine too. Once there, go to the end of the dock and jump off. Let the current carry you and you will find a shallow water coral reef that is very nice. We make this dive at least once a trip regardless of where we are staying and usually make nioght dives there too. The current will take you right back to the Caribe Blu where you will exit. Usually about an hour dive. Depth is only 35' at max and the reef is about 200 yards from shore.

Mark Phillips
Editor / Publisher
The Wet Gazette - Free for Scuba Divers
www.thewetgazette.com

If the current takes you all the way back to Caribe Blu
a) who brings the car back?
b) how do you know when to exit - multiple ascents?
c) how realistic is this for someone who has never been there before? Sounds like a blast actually!

alcina:
Two cars, a cab ride or a hike is involved.

alcina:
This one is easy. Once you get south of CB, there are only a couple of piers and then the Cruise Ship pier. There is a long stretch in between with nothing above head, just a beach. So if you drop in, you get out at the next pier off a ways.

alcina:
c) how realistic is this for someone who has never been there before? Sounds like a blast actually!
I'd start from CB first and fin against the current to get yourself familiar with the area and the exit spot before I tried a real drift...

James

Mphill9929:
If you stay at the Caribe Blu, you can rent a tank from the shop next door, carry it and your gear all the way soen to the dock in front of the Villa Blanca hotel. If you have a car or scooters, shuttling works fine too.

Here's how I do that dive: Put on BC's, booties, carry fins. Hike up to Villablanca. Rent tanks & weights from them. Dive back to Caribe Blu. Unrig, have a beer, take tanks & weights to the street, grab a cheap cab back to VB to return them. Hike back.

I also take our non-diving companions snorkeling on that same drift.

Cheers,

alcina:

... We do it a bit easier than the other suggestions. We gear up at the Caribe Blu. Tanks mounted on our BC and walk to the Villa Blanca. It is a bit of a walk and you may need to stop and rest once or twice. Our wives have done it with only minor complaining :) . On other occassions when we had two scooters, we shuttled everyone down as well as the equipment then doubled up to ride back to the Villa Blanca.

A Cab is really not necessary.

Someone else suggested swimming against the current - that is do-able too but you will not be able to swim all the a to the Villa Blanca. The SHALLOW REEF drift dive is a very easy dive and one I recommend for adventurous novice divers. The Villa Blanca Wall dive is NOT one I would recommend as a shore dive for a novice diver.

Mark Phillips
www.thewetgazette.com

Back
Top Bottom