Ok, enough of this crap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
Who's diving where on the Gulf Coast Dec 17- Jan 31? I've got a 5mil and a hood and am ready to go!!! If necessary, I'll but my 3/2 shorty under it for extra insulation.

It's 32 and sleeting here in Dallas! My ear has healed. Let's go!

I have the week between Christmas and New Years off and already have been contacted by some people visiting the area to dive. Morrison's flooded to hell, we're thinking Cypress. There are two of them coming, if you want to go, I'll leave Miss Jellyfish at home and we can rent canoes.

Might be open for a saltwater dive at Navarre Beach Pier or AL Point Jetties if the water ever clears up. I was at P'Cola Beach today working, water was clear, but the surf was up - so I don't know if the clarity will last.

Just finished watching the weather on the news. It is currently -2 degrees F in Houghton Lake Michigan. Ya think I might be looking forward to my vacation over the holidays... Let's go DIVING!!!!

paulwall:
Who's diving where on the Gulf Coast Dec 17- Jan 31? I've got a 5mil and a hood and am ready to go!!! If necessary, I'll but my 3/2 shorty under it for extra insulation.

It's 32 and sleeting here in Dallas! My ear has healed. Let's go!

Hey Paul
I plan on diving on Dec 17 at Alabama Blue Water quarry in Birmingham. The water temp should be in the low 50's to high 40's. Don't know what the air temps will be then but right now it's about 45F. Who knows what the air temps will be on the 17th. It may be 75F. I'll be diving wet (1mm + 5mm). I asked Mike but he just looks at me and chuckles and says something about shrinkage. Come join the fun. :)

RocketMan:
Hey Paul
I plan on diving on Dec 17 at Alabama Blue Water quarry in Birmingham. The water temp should be in the low 50's to high 40's. Don't know what the air temps will be then but right now it's about 45F. Who knows what the air temps will be on the 17th. It may be 75F. I'll be diving wet (1mm + 5mm). I asked Mike but he just looks at me and chuckles and says something about shrinkage. Come join the fun. :)
I'm thinking of going just to watch RocketMan's reaction when he gets in the water.
Luke

Water at 75' was around 58 last Friday.

ScubaLuke:
I'm thinking of going just to watch RocketMan's reaction when he gets in the water.
Luke

Luke,
Please take photos. I am helping at the church that day and preparing for a Christmas party the following day. Not even gonna ask for a kitchen pass! My son and I dove Blue Water the middle of October; I experienced skrinkage at 50'. :frosty:
Howard

philmottrek99and02:
Luke,
Please take photos. I am helping at the church that day and preparing for a Christmas party the following day. Not even gonna ask for a kitchen pass! My son and I dove Blue Water the middle of October; I experienced skrinkage at 50'. :frosty:
Howard
Will do. I'll take a long lens and take pictures from inside my truck where I'll be watching with the heater going and a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Luke

ScubaLuke:
Will do. I'll take a long lens and take pictures from inside my truck where I'll be watching with the heater going and a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Luke

that water's gonna be cold! major shrinkage. you might need a 'macro lens' to take that picture it might be so cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom