Ok, enough of this crap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
that water's gonna be cold! major shrinkage. you might need a 'macro lens' to take that picture it might be so cold.
Uhh Dude,
I ain't getting that close to that area of the RocketMan. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Luke

RocketMan:
Hey Paul
I plan on diving on Dec 17 at Alabama Blue Water quarry in Birmingham. The water temp should be in the low 50's to high 40's. I asked Mike but he just looks at me and chuckles and says something about shrinkage. Come join the fun. :)

Uh, I ain't skeered,eyebrow but my travel plans changed, and I'm driving Dallas to New Orleans on the 17th. Maybe later in the month will work better.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I have the week between Christmas and New Years off and already have been contacted by some people visiting the area to dive. Morrison's flooded to hell, we're thinking Cypress. There are two of them coming, if you want to go, I'll leave Miss Jellyfish at home and we can rent canoes.

Might be open for a saltwater dive at Navarre Beach Pier or AL Point Jetties if the water ever clears up. I was at P'Cola Beach today working, water was clear, but the surf was up - so I don't know if the clarity will last.

What? No offshore? I could probably talk Gary into a charter with enough interest!

mike_s:
ah... uhhhhmmm.... I ain't going there....
I was looking for another Sienfeld quote to respond with but all I found was this:
http://www.cafepress.com/seinfeldmoment.19519043

I think RocketMan is going to need one.
Luke
P.S. I thought of one:
Don't you see? No boxers, No Jockeys. The only thing between him and us is a thin layer of neoprene.

paulwall:
What? No offshore? I could probably talk Gary into a charter with enough interest!

During Christmas with my budget already being stretched from all the 'festivities'? H-e-l-l NO! :D I'm too cheap to go offshore the majority of the time there isn't a big commercialized gift giving holiday sitting in the midst of a dive requiring $$.

Diving Cypress this Sunday :) I'll letcha know how it goes. I love warm 68ºF water in the winter!

When I called around to a bunch of different operations regarding a charter for that time period (December 17-Jan 2) I was blown off. I was all over the coast, I believe I spoke with Gary at the suggestion on one of the boards saying he would take folks out anytime he had 4. I believe that is true, except for the week between Christmas and New Year's this year:p Would love to be proven wrong. I would be willing to negotiate covering Mat's costs for a charter as he is doing a fantanstic job of local dive expert and tour guide:)

SuPrBuGmAn:
During Christmas with my budget already being stretched from all the 'festivities'? H-e-l-l NO! :D I'm too cheap to go offshore the majority of the time there isn't a big commercialized gift giving holiday sitting in the midst of a dive requiring $$.

Diving Cypress this Sunday :) I'll letcha know how it goes. I love warm 68ºF water in the winter!

Mat,
Sounds like you are whining just a bit there! I think I need to bring you a bigger boat for Christmas and something nice to pull her with. Let me get on the phone to the big guy up north. Have a Merry Christmas and I'll buy your lunch next time we go diving.
Howard

Is Merlin afraid of the cold water?

Tell him I said not to be a wuss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom