OK all long legged gals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulubelle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are a whole new crop of wetsuits and I am curious if any of you who have to have talls have opinions on what is fitting best these days. I have posted a similar topic before, but due to the new suits out there, I thought it could use a refresher.

Right now I am working with two options, but I wonder if there might be more....

1. Pinnacle will add extra length-problem is, I can't try them on locally to see how the rest fits.

2. Henderson H2 will add up to 3 inches to their standard sizes for extra cash. I have a 12T Hyperstretch now which is still too short, so I would add 3 inches to their standard tall. Only issue I have here is that my Hyperstretch hasn't held up terribly well. Maybe the H2 is better fabric?

3. What other options might I be missing? I am tall and curvy, 36 inch inseam. So I'm pretty much stuck with the superstretch fabrics.

Thanks ladies

I don't meet your qualifications to answer, but having always appreciated long legged women, I'll take a shot.

I have always preferred repairing problems over unnecessary replacement; and recycling. I have cut the sleeves off of old wetsuits and made things. While I do not have your problem, I have noticed that a leg will go part way into a wetsuit sleeve. So, get an old wetsuit and cut off the sleeves. Then cut a 6 to 8 inch segment out of those sleeves that will stretch and pull over your foot and fit comfortably on your ankle. To use it, put the wetsuit on first and roll up the legs like you would to put your booties on. Slip the leg warmers on, then the boots over the top, and then pull the wetsuit legs back down. By the time you get tired of that rig or wear out that old wetsuit, maybe more manufacturers will have better options for you.

I am tall and curvy, 36 inch inseam.

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

:cool2:

:rofl3:

I need WETSUIT help, and the main issue is leg length for which I have already provided a measurement :no:

Sorry, no deal about the pictures. The legs are in my avatar, and you aren't seeing the curves. But don't worry, along with those curves comes plenty of extra bioprene (NOT self induced mind you), which is really not very photogenic, especially in neoprene.

I don't meet your qualifications to answer, but having always appreciated long legged women, I'll take a shot.

I have always preferred repairing problems over unnecessary replacement; and recycling. I have cut the sleeves off of old wetsuits and made things. While I do not have your problem, I have noticed that a leg will go part way into a wetsuit sleeve. So, get an old wetsuit and cut off the sleeves. Then cut a 6 to 8 inch segment out of those sleeves that will stretch and pull over your foot and fit comfortably on your ankle. To use it, put the wetsuit on first and roll up the legs like you would to put your booties on. Slip the leg warmers on, then the boots over the top, and then pull the wetsuit legs back down. By the time you get tired of that rig or wear out that old wetsuit, maybe more manufacturers will have better options for you.

That's actually a brilliant idea. Only I don't have an old wetsuit quite yet. A sleeve would probably fit my little ankles better than a leg anyway.

Henderson will add 3 inches to their tall which should do it too, but I'd rather get some more life out of the suit I have first.

I don't have to roll up my wetsuit to put on my booties, the legs don't even go long enough to quite touch the top of the booties.

I am in the same boat. I also have a 36 in inseam. The Hyperstretches were comfy but didn't hold up well with tons of use. The new H2's do hold up better and for me I found that the tall with the addition of about 3 inches of rubber fits much better.

Since I dive in NY, I also acquired a dry suit, and that is a custom suit so it fits really well.

I am in the same boat. I also have a 36 in inseam. The Hyperstretches were comfy but didn't hold up well with tons of use. The new H2's do hold up better and for me I found that the tall with the addition of about 3 inches of rubber fits much better.

Since I dive in NY, I also acquired a dry suit, and that is a custom suit so it fits really well.

Glad to hear the H2 is holding up better, I agree, the Hyperstretch didn't hold up so well, mine has 60 dives or so and it pretty torn up. I had the plain "tall" which left me with a little gap above my tall bootie.

So you did the custom H2 and added 3 inches of length? Or did you add some material yourself?

I don't have the drysuit bug yet, but am probably going to get a 5mm H2 as NC waters really need more than a 3mm except July/August. But then that will leave me with too much suit for travel, so maybe I'll try some sort of layering piece with it and just get the 3mm.

Hi lulubelle! I suggest you check out Swish Suits. I am also incrediably tall and curvey, so I have developed these wetsuits with that in mind! They are also eco-chic and incrediably functional. This way you do not have to cut things or special order! I wish you the best of luck in your search! I know how hard it is! Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom