Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
An assumption of incompetence based on sex.

hmmmnnn yes, i like the sound of that better, MissRed. :)

the truth of the matter is, and mrsA mentioned it earlier in this thread, we have never matured out of the "sex sells" attitude. it has been proven over and over again that it works.

KOMPRESSOR:
And I find it rather odd, no really, plain silly, that you go for the messenger and not the message. For your ignorance sake, I don't hunt whales. -But I ocassionally buy the meat in my local grocery store neatly wacuum packed and presented in a way that even you would buy, if you grew up around here. Today, however, we're having moose steak for dinner! :D

(Got the moose steak from my hunting neigbour, not the store...)

I don't really expect you to be bothered by the ad since I suppose you're a man. I asked for women's opinion here, but you appearantly didn't read that.

I'm actually glad you showed up! Since we're dealing the ignorance card - eating whale meat (in my eyes) is the same as hunting em'. Small difference, with the exception of not pulling the trigger.

Moose meat. Where did that come from? Why not slap some moose meat pics. for us to enjoy much in the same vein has the whale meat pics. that you so lovingly displayed before...which leads me to the point of my previous post - why such a prude?

I don't know what's worse, offending people with whale meat pics. for the sheer pleasure of it, or getting upset about a busty woman who enjoys her rebreather? I will give you credit for creating a tempestuous topic which has gotten a high degree of attention from some of the most articulate writers on this forum!

To stay on topic - what is the big deal? It's only sets of images and from the looks of it successful in generating all sorts of attention.

X

Mr.X:
... why such a prude?

I don't know what's worse, offending people with whale meat pics. for the sheer pleasure of it, or getting upset about a busty woman who enjoys her rebreather? I will give you credit for creating a tempestuous topic which has gotten a high degree of attention from some of the most articulate writers on this forum!

X
I'mn hardly a prude that's not the point, it was the presentation of a woman as a bimbo in an ad for a product based on and named for "Keep It Simple Stupid!" that I objected to. "An assumption of incompetence based on sex," I wish I'd described it that way in the first place.

Thalassamania:
I'mn hardly a prude that's not the point, it was the presentation of a woman as a bimbo in an ad for a product based on and named for "Keep It Simple Stupid!" that I objected to. "An assumption of incompetence based on sex," I wish I'd described it that way in the first place.

???? Prude - I am actually referring back to some heated whale discussions Kompressor and I had a while ago. He was slapping whale meat in our (my) face!
:D LOL!

I hear what you're saying. I am somewhat removed from associating the name KISS from the images though. Since I dive the KISS rebreather I see it only as a mechanical device, and the ad not an affront to women. I like the ad because I see the smile before I see the bust. Honest.

Additionally, acronyms like KISS mean little to me, unless it's a mnemonic for remembering rebreather pre-dive protocols.

Cheers,

X

Stop feeding the Trolls people!!!!!!!!!!!

Thalassamania:

It seems that you are sexist. I certainly did not take the leap from KISS to Bimbo based on the add. Here's a bit of history:

Jetsam:
The KISS philosophy, Keep It Simple, came from Gordon’s background. As a Tool & Die maker by trade and a designer & builder of molds, he knew that some of the most reliable machines are those that are straightforward, easy to use and easy to repair. Knowing that he was building a machine that was to be taken underwater and that was life support equipment, he felt strongly about the KISS principle. He felt uncomfortable in adding clutter and electronics to the unit as trouble shooting underwater would be difficult.

A key point to remember is that everything eventually fails. This is especially true with anything you take underwater.

Gordan begin building rebreathers in 1995, and founded the company.

You may want to keep in mind that the woman in question (you know, the one you are calling a Bimbo) may be reading this thread, and she is obviously a very competent tech diver.

RonFrank:
You may want to keep in mind that the woman in question (you know, the one you are calling a Bimbo) may be reading this thread, and she is obviously a very competent tech diver.

Think so or is she just a model posing for a picture.

LVX:
Think so or is she just a model posing for a picture.

i have been told that yes, she is a actual kiss diver and some of her many attributes can be listed as resort owner and married to a millionaire

didnt know marrying well was considered a attribute :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom