Offshore drilling bill passes house - CONTACT YOUR SENATORS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

more drilling is not the answer

less dependence on oil is the answer

tastes great!

no! less filling! :D

Until that alternative fuel technology develops, somebody is going to drill and do you really want it to be the Chinese in our gulf of Mexico?

That would be looking at the big picture Catherine. :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to non-diving related...

If you need a man made structure to dive on make it a wind farm NOT an oil rig!

Already have oil rigs in your back yard and find them pretty...enjoy. If I wanted them I would have moved from Miami Beach.

Our need for energy does not justify our destruction of the environment.

"The Chinese do it we should too..." They live in a Communist system does that mean we should stop living in a Democracy.

They live in a Communist system does that mean we should stop living in a Democracy?

Until that alternative fuel technology develops, somebody is going to drill and do you really want it to be the Chinese in our gulf of Mexico?

Should we disregard human rights, become communist and follow other Chinese examples?

That would be looking at the big picture Catherine. :)

Interested in what picture you and Catherine have in mind for more US coastal communities?

I admit, I have only read the first few post on this thread and the last few. I was curious if anyone has mentioned how the rigs create fantastic artificial reefs, promote new marine life habitats and are awesome to dive?
Just curious.
:popcorn:

Would you rather dive a marine preserve protected by a wind farm or an oil rig?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom