Offset Mine - Mine LaMotte - cavern and cave training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RexRacer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We have found a certified cavern and cave instructor who is willing to come to the Offset Mine and work with our group.

This training is most effective when everyone participates as a team.

Prerequisite for the "Basic Cavern and Cave" class is Adv. Open Water and a Deep Water, Nitrox, or Technical Diver cert.

Is anybody else interested in this opportunity? If so, when and where should we do it? There are advantages and disadvantages of doing the basic classes at the mine or somewhere else like Mermet.

The advanced classes and training should be done at the mine if possible, to maximize results.

The cost of the class is somewhat related to the amount of people who would participate.

I will PM the instructor information to anybody who asks, I think that will get you closer to having some round numbers to work with.

I would be interested, but it would depend on cost. Money is pretty tight right now, and I guess I would have to get my deep certification.

Phil

What good would a deep water cert do in a place that is only 40' max?

What agency would this be through (nacd, iantd, etc)? I would be interested if it is one of the two I listed in the parenthesis.

If it is the instructor Rex told me about in PM, than I can tell you he is IANTD. However, I am not too sure how eager he is to jump in to ML for a cave class. There is some arguments saying its not really a cave, since it is man made.

The old saying of if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, then it must be a duck sound appropriate here.

I don't have a deep cert, suppose someday I should get one for who knows what reason. I've got the dives and experience just not the card.

What good would a deep water cert do in a place that is only 40' max?

The quarry isn't deep as far as we can tell, but the stick map I have indicates that there are some deep areas, some quite deep (in the tunnel system). Also, the deep certification helps prepare one for staged diving - according to my sources.

Geno

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom