Officially Cancelled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reliable sources? You mean the government pages outlining current rules are not reliable? The borders are closed for recreational travel.

And you are ready to self quarantine when you get home?

For travellers without symptoms of COVID-19 returning to Canada - Canada.ca

Clearly not in this instance relating to this clarification Joe ...The government pages do not reference Canadians specifically,. it references ‘certain countries’ and further clarification has show Canada does not fall into this ‘certain countries’ category...

I spoke to the airline, a tour operator I know and Canadian border services through their helpline...not to mention the firsthand live accounts Of Canadians who transferred through Houston less than a week ago. Glad I could help you and the board out with that clarification to relieve some people of some stress.

And yes, I’m ready to self quarantine. I am actually in day 13 of my self quarantine from my trip to Cozumel which was 100% worth it and it is actually my second self quarantine as I also did one as a family when the shutdown started as we were in the last days of a Disney trip in March.

I’ll be happy to quarantine again after a 2 week trip to Belize with 55+ dives and around 4000 raw photos to sort and edit. Although there is a chance I may not have to as the August 31st quarantine limits may not be extended.

So I hope you enjoy your trip in August.....you now no longer need to worry about your initial statement about not being able to get to Belize in August...if you choose not to go, that’s a different story.

Clearly not in this instance relating to this clarification Joe ...The government pages do not reference Canadians specifically,. it references ‘certain countries’ and further clarification has show Canada does not fall into this ‘certain countries’ category...

I spoke to the airline, a tour operator I know and Canadian border services through their helpline...not to mention the firsthand live accounts Of Canadians who transferred through Houston less than a week ago. Glad I could help you and the board out with that clarification to relieve some people of some stress.

And yes, I’m ready to self quarantine. I am actually in day 13 of my self quarantine from my trip to Cozumel which was 100% worth it and it is actually my second self quarantine as I also did one as a family when the shutdown started as we were in the last days of a Disney trip in March.

I’ll be happy to quarantine again after a 2 week trip to Belize with 55+ dives and around 4000 raw photos to sort and edit. Although there is a chance I may not have to as the August 31st quarantine limits may not be extended.

So I hope you enjoy your trip in August.....you now no longer need to worry about your initial statement about not being able to get to Belize in August...if you choose not to go, that’s a different story.
Maybe I am missing something? The page I linked contains information from the Canadian government for Canadian citizens. The section on United States clearly states the borders are closed for non essential travel.

I have not found the "certain countries" section you are referring to. Can you provide a link?

Below is the page from the govnt of Canada website. The key item is that it references ‘various countries’ (not ALL countries) and after further research ( discussion with American Airlines/Canada based tour operator and Canadian border services) it has been established that Canada is not one of these ‘various countries’.

The borders are closed for non essential travel between Canada and the US where Canada or US are the final destination, but not through the US/Canada to other destinations by air.

Suspension of foreign travellers from entry to the USA

Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the US government has suspended the entry of travellers coming from various countries who are not American citizens or permanent residents. This is also valid for travellers in transit.

Contact your airline or tour operator to determine if the situation will disrupt your travel plans.

Maybe I am missing something? The page I linked contains information from the Canadian government for Canadian citizens. The section on United States clearly states the borders are closed for non essential travel.

I have not found the "certain countries" section you are referring to. Can you provide a link?
I did find a reference to the US providing an air travel loophole. The US feels it is okay to fly into the US, you just can not drive there...

Canada-U.S. border rules and restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic explained

Here are the new airport entry rules for Belize in case you have not seen them.
Travelers are required to take a Covid 19 virus test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding their flight to Belize arriving with a negative test result in hand and are subject to a possible second rapid test on site. Should a result show positive, travelers are required to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at their own expense.
See attached info.

Attachments

• BC29E287-A4A4-4F6F-A0B3-723F930485EB.jpeg
    BC29E287-A4A4-4F6F-A0B3-723F930485EB.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 621
Here are the new airport entry rules for Belize in case you have not seen them.
Travelers are required to take a Covid 19 virus test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding their flight to Belize arriving with a negative test result in hand and are subject to a possible second rapid test on site. Should a result show positive, travelers are required to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at their own expense.
See attached info.

The health care system is so dysfunctional here in the province of Quebec, I don't even know if it is even possible to get a Covid test exactly on the day we want it and to get the results in written form within 72 hours.

The health care system is so dysfunctional here in the province of Quebec, I don't even know if it is even possible to get a Covid test exactly on the day we want it and to get the results in written form within 72 hours.

Yes it will be interesting to see how that all works and if fast testing in other countries actually is available at the moment as well as for the first weeks once the Belize airport opens up August 15th. The chance of a false positive result is also a slight possibility should anyone require and receive a second rapid test upon arrival and then test positive they would have to then go into mandatory quarantine at a hotel in Belize City.
Our lodge reopens again on October 31st as we would normally be closed during the September and October rain season already so we will see how it all works out during that period and have some time to fine tune further safety details.

Yes it will be interesting to see how that all works and if fast testing in other countries actually is available at the moment as well as for the first weeks once the Belize airport opens up August 15th. The chance of a false positive result is also a slight possibility should anyone require and receive a second rapid test upon arrival and then test positive they would have to then go into mandatory quarantine at a hotel in Belize City.
Our lodge reopens again on October 31st as we would normally be closed during the September and October rain season already so we will see how it all works out during that period and have some time to fine tune further safety details.

Things are frequently changing still so most likely travel regulations will get adjusted over time. Its definitely a new travel experience for everyone these days and most countries will have their own similar requirements it seems.

Back
Top Bottom