Officially Cancelled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daebado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, my trip at the end of this month is officially cancelled. Dive resort cancelled, flights cancelled, hopes and dreams dashed! :(

The good news is that I'm getting full refunds from everyone without having to scream and yell so there is at least a small silver lining.

I really thought our trip was safe when this whole thing started but here we are. For those of you who have trips scheduled in the coming months, I wish you better luck than I had!

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go start drinking heavily and drown my sorrows! :cheers:

Yep. Every time they announce a date, it keeps getting pushed back.

Ouch. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that any trip outside the US this summer is probably :deadhorse:.

State restrictions on travel are bad enough. Sympathies, maybe you can book something in Florida instead? Better than nothing.

:( sorry to hear, but glad you had a good result from it all. I had Bali for a month, 2 x Indonesian liveaboards, 1 x Galapagos live aboard and 1 x Canadian trip cancelled/postponed for a year....so far...it’s been quite the ‘misery roller coaster ’ ...but all first world problems :)

but I also took a super trip to Cozumel I wasn’t planning and am booked to go back on my old favourite the Belize aggressor 3 for 10 days at the end of August...It’s half price...I think everyone should come with me :)

August first will be the earliest US tourists allowed in to Bonaire.....and I'll be surprised if that actually happens.
I would also bet against it.

My wife and I had 2 weeks in Bonaire scheduled for April, I'm still waiting for a strategy to reschedule, this year, hopefully. I had a trip to Malpelo that would have ended just 2 days ago, it will now be July 2021.

I did get in nearly two weeks in Florida just a couple of weeks ago, Back in the high life again I will be going back down in 2 weeks, the best I can do for now, and it's pretty good :)

August first will be the earliest US tourists allowed in to Bonaire.....and I'll be surprised if that actually happens.

Especially if you are from the U.S. I can't imagine any country that has gotten a handle on their Covid-19 stats even thinking of letting us Americans, who apparently do not know how to behave during a pandemic, into their country.

Edit: I live in Texas, and I don't even want to be around Texans!

Florida?

Live updates: U.S. sets record for new coronavirus cases, surpassing 53,000

Sounds like a swell place to be...not. I’m happy in NJ thank you. Diving Shark River for 4th weekend. Never looked better.
Hi Clammy,

We'll see. I practiced a couple of weeks ago. Airports and planes, everyone with a mask, all the time. Car rental, everyone with a mask, long cleaning checklist on the rear view mirror. One trip to the grocery store, everyone with a mask. My only other interaction was the boats, max half load or max of 10 on the dive deck, mask when not diving... My plane fare is changeable, with no fees, if I change my mind.

Shark River looks great, I'll take Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm. If I quit posting on SB, you know what happened to me :)

Funny thing though. On the way into Boynton Harbor Marina are two restaurants/bars, Two Georges and Banana Boat. Coming back into the marina on Saturday or Sunday evening, you would have guessed absolutely nothing had happened. Both jammed with people, eating and drinking without any sign of masks or social distancing. It's quite clear to me what happened to Florida. I rode my bike past the Boynton Inlet one day, beaches on both sides. The weather was good, beaches were very crowded, no signs of any precautions. I have a feeling that this is what has happened in Texas, Arizona, California... How do you fix this?

>> How do you fix this?

You’re the doc. You tell me. Your problem is mostly trusting everyone on the boat. Forget the bars. Me? I’m going solo. OK. Just me and my dive-flag! I’m too old and susceptible to mess with this virus.

Back
Top Bottom