Official Spring MEGAdive 24-26 April Thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

correction - a sheep says 'andy, noooo...'

That's not entirely fair....I am pretty sure the sheep says "not tonight Andy I have a headache".

Please add MegaMikey and myself to this list. Not only will this be our first SB camping trip, but it will also be the first campout for the two of us together. Just warning y'all, yanno. So, need to get ourselves a tent, refit Mike's gear for cave, or at the very least, cavern. And figure out what to bring to add to the community potluck. Any suggestions or requests, please let us know.

That's not entirely fair....I am pretty sure the sheep says "not tonight Andy I have a headache".

Sheesh, where did you people get your MegaDive certs, from a CrackerJack box? Everyone knows that the sheep sound is "Baaaaaahhddd Andy".:lotsalove:

everybody knows sheep are liars

except for Buttercups ... ah ... Buttercups ...

er... what?

Woo Hoo! Just got back from Sports Authority, bought ourselves a tent. Now, what else will we need?

Might i suggest rum....

Noobs to the MegaDive must supply rum. :D

Welcome aboard Joyce...(bring your [-]beer[/-] rum tote)

And for Joyce and other noobs to the MegaDive.
(This is will be the most serious post in this thread)
Typically we arrive Friday at some time, stake out a tent area. Pitch tent. Then we drink/hang out till whenever.
Saturday morning we dive. Some of us will do a sunrise dive at the Ballroom. Then we dive all day. There is usually a drift dive planned for sometime in the afternoon depending on the river conditions and the tannic, we may drift from the Devil's system to Ginnie, or if conditions are really good, we may do the whole river down to the tube exit. The last dive of the day is the galaxy dive. Highly recommended. We have never posted times and itinerrary of dives, but maybe we need to start doing that.. we can pencil it in on a rum bottle or something.

Food- Friday night, on your own. We usually do a light snack and somebody will have a grill going that you can throw stuff on.
Brekky is omlettes, MegaDive style.
Saturday afternoon is the big picnic lunch
Dinner is leftovers after the galaxy dive along with s'mores and whatever else is available around the campfire.
Sunday Brekky is omlettes, MegaDive style.
Break down, say good byes :( and start making plans for the fall MegaDive.

What to bring
Tent and all the paraphania.. air mattress, sleeping bag, pillows etc.
Chair for sitting round the campfire.
All the dive gear you can stash in your car.

And food
It is easier to bring a quantity of a couple things than trying to bring something for every meal. Bring something to share for Sat lunch and both breakfasts.
Lunch usually consists of chicken, burgers, brats, chips, cakes, drinks...
Brekky is:
Eggs, bacon, sausage, peppers, onions, fungus, and anything else you can think of putting on an omlette. Also juice, sweet confections, coffee.
Additional items that may be needed/brought/used: FIREWOOD (HINT HINT FOOL!!!!!), song lyrics, musical instruments, innertubes, kayak, etc...

I don't recall if there is a list started yet. So here goes:
(copy and paste to keep it updated)
Jeano: Count me in for chips , soda , brats and general food stuffs...
SJ and Hermit Crab: stuff for s'mores, plastic, crab cakes, popcorn

Enough seriousness...

I'm in. Won't be camping since I live around the corner, but count me in for some rum, and chips, and rum, and cookies, and rum.

Last Spring we floated down the river to the ballroom run for the galaxy dive. I am full cave, dpv., blah blah blah, and would be glad to dive at any level if anyone needs a bud.

Did I mention I would bring some rum?

ps - thanks to everyone who stepped in to put this together, and a special thanks to Beano Baggins for reminding me about it!!

Woo Hoo! Just got back from Sports Authority, bought ourselves a tent. Now, what else will we need?

details.. I have a friend looking for one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom