Official Spring MEGAdive 24-26 April Thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megadive crowd never seems to do anything on the smaller scale. I think at least 20 gallons of that stuff would be a good start... I see Ken filling water ballons with it and using the trebuchet. This could get [-]ugly[/-] interesting really quick. Now where is the Rabid Columbian River Otter birgade when you need them??

The Galaxy dive is nice but to be honest it really bothers me that we end up dumping chemicals into the spring.

Some recent research has indicated that the chemicals in what are considered to be non toxic (to humans) lightsticks are indeed toxic to marine organisms in direct contact and low dilution exposures - which would be the case in the cavern during the Galaxy Dive and afterward in the spring run. T

Hydrogen peroxide is a key ingedient and it is a reactive oxygen species that can produce highly reactive hydroxyl radicals and a hydroxyl anions that cause celluar damage. In addition the phthalate esters (dibutyl and dimethyl phthalate) used in them are also toxic to matine organisms.

I think its a bad idea that while neat to do, is just not worth the potential environmental cost.

Terri Ill buddy with you now the tent I cant really help you with mine is a small 2 man (really one man to be honest my queen air matress takes up most of it)

RE: the tent . . . hey! I don't take up that much room :wink: :rofl3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tas.. I might have an extra tent. Well, I do have a tent, just not sure if the poles are with it or not..will check this weekend, if I remember.

Tas.. I might have an extra tent. Well, I do have a tent, just not sure if the poles are with it or not..will check this weekend, if I remember.

Thanks Jenny . . . if you can't find the poles I guess I can just throw it over the top of me :rofl3:

I think I'm definitely in... I have a large tent - I think....

I think I'm definitely in... I have a large tent - I think....

:confused: Are you sure you think :wink:

I can see how I might be confusing some people - I think..... :D

Megadive - I'm in..... :crafty:

Tent - I had two; I forget if they survived the move, or if I threw them out... either way, if I don't have one; I will in time for the event...

I'm Full Cave (oh, and on a rebreather); will dive w/ anyone Intro or better to your level....

I have an eight "person" tent which means it comfortably sleeps four normal sized people, and anyone is more than welcome to use it.

The megatarp has been converted into a mobile quonset hut now. Approximately 15x30! Oddly enough it seems small. :wink: I have now entered the realm of the SELF EMPLOYED! After this weekend I will have the name, web address and one of my business permits completed! A choice had to be made after the cutbacks at work, so I opted for the door! I will be showing up as early as possible on Friday, and will be there until Sunday afternoon. Maneater will be showing up at least for Saturday as usual. Overnight if kidsitters work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom