Official Spring MEGAdive 24-26 April Thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marci is going to check to see if we can go that week (she got a job, but not one that will allow me to quit mine and cave dive full time) so she may or may not be abel to get the time off. Since we just spent a week in N FL (driving back as we speak) I may not be able to swing the Thursday and Monday off that I would require either.

Last year, we'd have been happy, thrilled even, to buddy with an intro cave level diver, but as recently minted (january) full cave divers we have discovered Ginnie is not like swimming up a fire hose once you jump off the main line which makes it much more enjoyable.

This sounds like alot of fun . . . if I can find another Intro diver to buddy up with, a tent to sleep in, a way to avoid sleeping in the dirt, and a place to wash my face and brush my teeth I would be good to go !! :wink:

sheesh! this is the mega dive, you're asking for an awful lot! :rofl3::rofl3:
Seriously, though, I may have a tent you can use, or there might be some room in my tent. Hermit Crab wants her own tent...
As far as buddies, there will be plenty to choose from, I am pretty sure you will find another Intro diver to buddy with.

Shelly & I will be there.
We will bring potato salad, burgers, and
some breakfast stuff for those
imfamous MegaDive omelettes.
Looking forward to this event again.

I sure hope that the rest of
"the usual suspects"
will make an appearence.

Checking to see how many light sticks
I have on hand for the Galaxy dive.

This sounds like alot of fun . . . if I can find another Intro diver to buddy up with, a tent to sleep in, a way to avoid sleeping in the dirt, and a place to wash my face and brush my teeth I would be good to go !! :wink:

I would be more than happy to do an intro level dive with you, and I'll bring a tent for people to use. What exactly would you define as sleeping in the dirt? There are some cheap motels close by... There is also a bath house with hot showers near our campsite!

Jenny, thanks for the heads up buddy!!

i will be there. i really regretted missing the Megadive last time ... i missed everybody ... so

i'm there dude!

:fruit: Andy buddy! I look forward to [-]zip tying[/-] singing with you! Oh, wait a minute.. that wasn't me, what am I thinking? It was da fools fault!!!

Marci is going to check to see if we can go that week (she got a job, but not one that will allow me to quit mine and cave dive full time) so she may or may not be abel to get the time off. Since we just spent a week in N FL (driving back as we speak) I may not be able to swing the Thursday and Monday off that I would require either.

Last year, we'd have been happy, thrilled even, to buddy with an intro cave level diver, but as recently minted (january) full cave divers we have discovered Ginnie is not like swimming up a fire hose once you jump off the main line which makes it much more enjoyable.
That would be wonderful if ya'll can make it! Would love seeing ya'll again.

I would be more than happy to do an intro level dive with you, and I'll bring a tent for people to use. What exactly would you define as sleeping in the dirt? There are some cheap motels close by... There is also a bath house with hot showers near our campsite!

Thank you so much for such a nice response ! If I can get a hot shower I will be a pretty happy camper (pun intended :wink:) I am going to keep monitoring my schedule to see if I can pull this trip off!

Thank you so much for such a nice response ! If I can get a hot shower I will be a pretty happy camper (pun intended :wink:) I am going to keep monitoring my schedule to see if I can pull this trip off!

Terri Ill buddy with you now the tent I cant really help you with mine is a small 2 man (really one man to be honest my queen air matress takes up most of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also word has it that Netdoc along with Dayo Scuba (shop right next door to SB headquarters in Orlando) can get 1 gallon, or 5 gallon buckets of the 2 chemicals used in the light sticks for the galaxy dives, just have to bring in the 2 buckets with lids, and then mix them in the water. Might be a little more friendly, and time consuming than cutting open light sticks, just a thought, I can try to get prices, or you guys could get pete (netdoc) to find out and chime in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom